Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Simple way of getting cover art for your whole libary

Started by WYC, December 16, 2010, 04:40:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WYC

Hi Guys,

Im onto my third day of tagging and finding cover art, there has to be a better way.

I've used itunes to tag, and mediamonkey to get album art, i tryed the config for art but it fails to show what album you r getting art for and you still have to type it out.

I am noticing that alot of the music has art embeded in the tag, is there an automated way to get that into folders?

Also would it be possible/worthwhile allowing the config to extract album art from taggs, and place into folders?

Cheers,

Norman Marshall

Hi,
   to tag your mp3's use tag'n'rename, it tags an album in one go, and i google my images.
Dear God, Please bring back Bob Marley, In return you can have Justin Bieber. Amen

Barcrest

I use tag and rename to grab the images from amazon it can even get tracklistings and tag them if it can find the album.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Novalak

Album Art Downloader is probably the best way to find covers
you can do a directory search of the root of your albums

and then it searches for any jpgs not present and then you can then search on all the missing ones

http://sourceforge.net/projects/album-art/

WYC

thanks heaps guys,

Tag and rename is good, i've got it on the actual jukebox just not my home comp. Forgot all about that one.

Downloading album art thingo now.

Thanks again guys, was almost a christmas show with last yrs music.

lockers90

hi

there is no way of getting the art work out id3 tags... you can do it on macs but it is a long drawn out process. the easiest way of doing it is to consolidate your itunes library to a single folder. then snap your itunes to one side of the page and your consolidated music folder down the other. sort your albums by order of artist then album in itunes, and then sort alphebeticaly.

now both itunes and musi folder should be in the same order.

in itunes show album art and simply drag each artwork to the corrisponding artist and then album folder.

this is the quickest way of doing it. and still it takes forever.

hope this helps
Summer On The Beach, Winter In The Mountain
:D

Barcrest

Tag and Rename and also media monkey can extract the art from the tags, i am sure most tagging software can.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...