Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Progress with Matrix Bill Acceptor Unit and Freebox/E-Touch v7

Started by typhoon411, April 15, 2012, 05:39:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

typhoon411

Ok,

So, I've got on of the Matrix Bill Acceptor units connected and recognized by the credit module as you can see here:

The next step I believe is to assign "coin drop" key strokes to each bill type (with associated multiplier.) This is where things are getting a little vague. Here are my issues?)

• The drop downs in the credit module do not work to allow me to as (assuming I need a key and admin mode?)
    I cannot find out what keyboard key map adds a single credit (coin drop) so that I can map the credit model to that key (times it's appropriate multiplier)

Thoughts??? I'm building a how-to along the way here so I appreciate your verbose answers.

Thanks!

Joe

typhoon411

I figured it out!

To answer my own questions.

1. To use admin mode just click on admin mode and and hit ok (no PIN necessary ;)
2. You can just set the credit mappings for each coin to anything and place the total number of credits in the vaule section (see attached below)
3. Then in the bottom section you have to put the path to your EXE file (etouchx.exe) and click save.
4. After restarting all worked great. I inserted a dollar and credits started racking up!

NOTE: to Win7 users, after enabling the credit module in freebox and restarting I started getting those type mismatch errors again (referenced here: http://www.freeboxjukebox.com/Forum/index.php?topic=4092.0) I then manually right-clicked on the credit module and chose "Run as Administrator," this launched the app with no problems.  To make it so that I don't get this message in the future when launching Etouch, I right clicked on creditmodule.exe, went to properties and set the program to always run as administrator. This seemed to fix the problem.

Rock, now it's time to send Barry money ;)

typhoon411