Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

What touchscreen monitor?

Started by wildejon, April 29, 2012, 07:52:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wildejon

Just about to start a build and unsure what monitor to go for, any ideas?
Got 6 weeks between now and when it has to be done by so this will be a bit of a mad project I imagine :)

Thanks all!
Jon

Shaggydo

Barcrest

Quote from: abispac on April 29, 2012, 09:28:52 PM
Elo, the bigger the better...

These do tend to be the industrial type and as such are far more robust. The all in one PC's with touchscreen do work for most people, depends how much use it will get and what environment.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

fat-johnny

Keep in mind that the "all in one" PC's that Barry mentions do work great, BUT they all come in widescreen monitors like 16:9 or 16:10.  E-touch comes with a few skins, but they are ALL normal square screen (4:3 ratio).

So....you either have to make your own skins, or stay behind a few revisions of Etouch, and hope and beg and pray for someone to make a widescreen skin for ya.  I'm still running a version early 7.x with the "BnB 1600x900 widescreen" skin.  I would like to go to Version 8, or the Sxlxxs skin, but no widescreen support yet   :downer

Good luck!
FJ

Barcrest

Quote from: fat-johnny on April 30, 2012, 11:13:29 PM
So....you either have to make your own skins, or stay behind a few revisions of Etouch, and hope and beg and pray for someone to make a widescreen skin for ya.  I'm still running a version early 7.x with the "BnB 1600x900 widescreen" skin.  I would like to go to Version 8, or the Sxlxxs skin, but no widescreen support yet   :downer

The skintool is included to make your own skins and re-sizing a skin with the skintool isn't as difficult as it might seem. The hardest part is re-sizing any background images after the skin has been resized but even that isn't too bad with something like IR Fanview.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...