Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Suggestion for future releases

Started by urbecrisch, November 26, 2013, 02:08:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

urbecrisch

Barry, as if you don't have enough on your plate...

Wondering if there is an interest from other users and the ability (on your end programming) to have multiple fanart pics randomly chosen when accessing the artist album, track, listing, etc. 

So what I am thinking is if I wanted a few images of a band I could put those in a folder in the fanart folder and when I access the artist in etouch one of the pics in their folder will randomly show.

Another example is in the fanart folder each artist will have a folder (not one specific jpg. image) and users can add as many pics as they want.  Some may have one pic while others can have multiple. 

Just an idea... can it be done or is it something outlandish to ask for?

Barcrest

Can be done fairly easilly, the benefit of it i'm not 100% convinced on. It would make displaying those pages slightly slower as the code would be a little longer.

if exist (artist.jpg)
  show
end

would become,

if exist (\artist\) then
  Read in list of *.jpg's
  Random
  Show
else
if exist (arist.jpg)
  Show
end

I can add this to the next alpha if you want, the slightly slower time to do that shouldn't really be noticible to most and if there is an issue you can always turn off the fanart I guess.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

draginit

who will gather all these images?....

finding hi-res images worth using is very time consuming :P    but im always looking for more i dont have! not sure if the original list is still available for download but when this feature first came out i helped contribute a large amount of the images and threw in a couple easter eggs for a couple more "notorious" artists lol

Just when you thought it not possible....TwelveNinedy

urbecrisch

I was recently cleaning up my fanart folder and thought it would be cool to have multiple images that randomly appear for certain artists.  I have 1,285 albums in my jukebox and each has an image for fanart.  When searching I always filter my browser to find only large images since they look better on the touchscreen.  I am in the process of replacing some images that are stretched out too much since I have now gone to a 22" widescreen touchscreen monitor.  The large images look so much better than the smaller ones.

draginit

Quote from: urbecrisch on November 27, 2013, 01:42:38 AM
The large images look so much better than the smaller ones.
very true..im averaging 1280 x 720 hi resolution...but if i found larger i used it...some are as big as 1980 x 12somethin...makes a super clean and crisp background.

Barcrest

Quote from: draginit on November 27, 2013, 12:54:41 AM
who will gather all these images?....

Always figured people just get there own... Maybe I could grab an image in the config from audio DB like i do for the logos.

Quote from: draginit on November 27, 2013, 03:44:03 AM
Quote from: urbecrisch on November 27, 2013, 01:42:38 AM
The large images look so much better than the smaller ones.
very true..im averaging 1280 x 720 hi resolution...but if i found larger i used it...some are as big as 1980 x 12somethin...makes a super clean and crisp background.

If you are using images larger than the screen resolution you are not gaining any quality and are actually taking a hit on the increased loading time and time to scale the image... Not a big deal on a fast machine but still somthing to consider.

Jukebox Stats...

draginit

Good to know, guess I thought it didn't effect it any...I havent  noticed any lag on my machine but maybe I'll copy my folder and run my images through the re sizer program anyways....if I ever go wide screen I can just replace it back heh

urbecrisch

Quote from: Barcrest on November 26, 2013, 08:45:34 AM
Can be done fairly easilly

I can add this to the next alpha if you want, the slightly slower time to do that shouldn't really be noticible to most and if there is an issue you can always turn off the fanart I guess.

Let me know when this is added and I can test it out for you to see if it is truly a benefit. 

Norman Marshall

if exist (artist.jpg)
  show
end

would become,

if exist (\artist\) then
  Read in list of *.jpg's
  Random
  Show
else
if exist (arist.jpg)
  Show
end

And that's why I don't even want to know how to write code lol
Dear God, Please bring back Bob Marley, In return you can have Justin Bieber. Amen

Hitbig

Barcrest

Quote from: Hitbig on December 08, 2013, 10:21:54 PM

if exist (arist.jpg)
  Show
end

arist =artist ????

Yeah it was a typo, it was only pusdo code to give an idea of the extra steps needed, this feature is in and working now.

Jukebox Stats...