News:

Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Using USB Microphones (ie Singstar Mics)

Started by Novalak, July 04, 2008, 06:17:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Novalak

I spent along time trying to work out why my singstar mics dont play voice through the speakers

Finally i found it!

http://ultrastardeluxe.xtremeweb-hosting.net/download/file.php?id=14

You need to use AudioRepeater.exe.
Set WaveIn to your microphone port, WaveOut to your speakers. You may need to adjust the Total Buffer (ms) to ensure correct sync (so that there is no delay).

For Windows users...

Double-click the speaker icon in the system tray, or go to Control Panel | Sounds and Multimedia, Audio tab, Sound Playback Volume button.
In the Master Volume window, click the Options menu, then Properties.
Choose your playback mixer device from the dropdown window (it should already be selected).
Scroll through the list box in the lower half, and place a tick beside Microphone, then click OK.
There should now be a volume slider labelled Microphone; untick the Mute box under this slider.

... and hey presto, your voice comes through the speakers.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - >8- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I used the following settings but AudioRepeater is very sensitive.
So you have to figure out whats working for your system.

/SamplingRate:192000
/BitsPerSample:32
/Channels:2
/BufferMs:50
/Buffers:100
/Priority:Realtime

Depending on your system you must lower or upper the settings
for bitspersample, buffers and sampling rate.

draginit

i messed around with usb mics a long time ago...i still have it, its the samson Q1U.  i got it to play thru my speakers but it sounded like a live webshow sound....(really bad)  are you saying this link clears it up a bit. how clear is the sound and in relation to the music coming out with it?

Just when you thought it not possible....TwelveNinedy

Novalak

i cant confirm that actually, i have crappy speakers in it right now...its in test stage

draginit

ok, maybe ill give it a go and see what you found.. i'd love to get something going thru my speakers..
there is a thread on here somewhere about a certain piece of equipment to do so but i have forgotten about it cuz  im just using my guitar amp for now with a mic thru it..
Just when you thought it not possible....TwelveNinedy