Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

transfering music videos (iTunes)

Started by Ianandedie, October 08, 2016, 11:43:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ianandedie

how do I transfer my iTunes video library to etouch jukebox? thanks!

Barcrest

Moved this to a public area, anyone have any thoughts? I don't use iTunes but I know some of you do.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Mark Norville

What file format is the video? I remember something  being m4a or something like that, it is often protected as well. How many music videos are you talking about?
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Ianandedie

Mark Norville

Have you brought these from iTunes? It has been years since I used iTunes, but I member them being protected.

However I did write a guide two secs

Try this

http://www.freeboxjukebox.com/Forum/index.php?topic=5613.0

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Ianandedie

no, they weren't bought. my own music videos off of dvd. had this jukebox for about a month and its still not running.

Mark Norville

If you read my guide that I posted in the link above, but just try say 10 files to start with as I think things have changed a bit in relation to tagging on MP3 Tag I might need to update it as not done a music video for a while.

I might also look at adding another program to that as well, as I am testing out a new mp3 tagger and so far I am very impressed with it, and I have tagged about 100 albums in the space of minutes it seems so much faster than what I was using before.

I am heading off to bed soon as just gone 1am, but will get you up and running.

Regards

Mark

berrywell

Quote from: Ianandedie on October 23, 2016, 11:50:55 PM
no, they weren't bought. my own music videos off of dvd. had this jukebox for about a month and its still not running.

I have around half a dozen old iTunes videos but they are all protected .m4v files & don't work with E-Touch. As these are you own ripped DVD video files there shouldn't be any protection on them & should work fine with E-Touch, providing you have the correct codec pack installed for windows media player. My ripped DVD music videos play fine on E-Touch.

Are these files on the same computer as your Jukebox software? If not you will need to copy them across.. I'm going to assume they are on the same PC.

Start the E-Touch config program, click on 'Advanced'.
Then from the 'Selected Library' drop down menu in the top left hand corner, select 'Video'.
Below this you should see the folder paths with something like 'C:\' (or whatever your hard-drive letter is). If the path below isn't showing where your video files are located, you will need to click on 'C:\' then navigate to the folder where your videos are located.
Once you have found the folder where the videos are, click on 'Generate Library'.

Once the program has completed it's scan, the newly generated library may not list all the files correctly, due to how mp4 tagging works.
If this happens, then you will have to either, tick the 'Use filename when tag not found' located middle right of the 'advanced' section in config program
Or use the bundled non-mp3 tagger & manually enter the song, album, artist etc. information manually for each song.

Hopefully that will get you playing music videos in your jukebox.