Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Video option

Started by HolyDiver01, February 07, 2010, 04:09:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HolyDiver01

So for the past two days I've been trying to get the "video available" button to appear for a song that I have a music video for. How should this be set up? Do I need to tag the video a certain way?

bzpilot

Artist and Track tags need to be identical for both the audio and video for the Video Available button to show on the Audio listing.

HolyDiver01

Does the video file need to be loaded into the "video" or "audio" Library? Right now I have the video in the "video" library.

bzpilot

They need to be in the separate libraries - Audio in Audio - Video in Video.  Then when you actually select the track from the Track Listing page from the Audio database E-Touch compares the Artist - Track combination to the Video database and if it exactly matches an existing video it will display the Video Available button on the Play Options page.

But they do need to be in the separate libraries and match exactly.

HolyDiver01

I've tried it with a .mp4 and a .avi with no luck. I've made sure that both the file name and tags are correct and matching. Still no button showing. Is there a special button in the settings menu I need to check off?

bzpilot

Does the Artist Name or Track in question have an odd character or symbol in it?  Occasionally these aren't processed correctly and Barry has to fix the code to recognize them correctly.

You have used the "non-mp3tagger.exe" to tag the video right?  ...and not using an embedded video tag

HolyDiver01

Here is the file name "002-Katy Perry-I Kissed a Girl" I did a copy and paste from the .mp3 right to the .mp4 & .avi also I did use the non-mp3tagger to tag the files.

bzpilot

Alright I'm going to test a couple things out - what version of E-touch are you running?

HolyDiver01

Aussie-Adam

What skin ?
If its one of the older versions, maybe the icon wont show cause there wouldnt be an icon for the Video Available button.

HolyDiver01

Its a fresh install so the default skin.

bzpilot

I've been using 5.00.26 for awhile just upgraded and have noticed that the "config 4.exe" appears to not be checking the mask.ini correctly also.  With the new version even if I add "*.mp4" or "*.mpg" to the mask it saves to the msk.ini file but the config still does not pick up those files and add them to the database.

This is probably at least part of your problem (but it should be picking up the .avi because that mask was in there originally and still seems to work).

fordman

Im not getting the Config to pick up the .mp4's either. I have manually changed the mask in the .ini file, saved it and it still wont pick up the .mp4  ???

So Im going to try an earlier version of the config to make a video library.

Fordman

Norman Marshall

bzpilot

im a little confused, i have my mp3's in the same folder as my videos  and etouch still picks them all up and plays them from that folder, so why do mp3 and video have to be in seperate folders?
Dear God, Please bring back Bob Marley, In return you can have Justin Bieber. Amen