Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Compilation (?) and editing albums

Started by heretic, February 07, 2010, 06:43:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heretic

Using 5.00.28 and I have spent months making sure that all mp3s are tagged appropriately.

My problem is that some albums are getting labeled as "various artists" and have compilation "1" in the config screen. The mp3 tags definitely have the proper artist and album names but Etouch doesn't recognize them as this. I've deleted the records.cvr and .rec files and regenerated library and even deleted and reinstalled Etouch  with same issues. When I attempt to edit album through config screen it might let me do this a few times (but doesn't save them as I've edited them) but then when I click on another album to edit it shows a completely different album.

jackson010

I had the same problem. All it needs is for 1 artists name to be different from the rest and it will put various artists in.

Try downloading Mp3tag @ http://www.mp3tag.de/en/

its free to use
and edit the tags with that. If you make sure they are all the same you should not have any more problems

Paul

Sarge

If I have a problem with a certain album, I'll usually highlight all the songs within the album folder using the control key and edit the id3 tag for all the files in the folder.  If the artist and album are the same for all of them then etouch should display them properly.

bzpilot

I believe E-Touch currently is checking the Track Artist tag and not the Album Artist tag also - so you'll need to make sure all the Track Artists tags are identical.

Barcrest

If a track is FEAT. i add that info to the track title and not the artist so the artist tags stay the same and as such the album isn't labelled as various.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

heretic

I went through all of my mp3s (35000 of them) and used Media Monkey to make sure all the tags were correct. A few were different within the same album which caused the "various artists" tag. I've solved the various artist issue.

I even went through every artist and changed the genre. Now there are strange genres showing up in Etouch that definitely are not within the ID tag. I also have multiple images of the same album showing up when filtered by genre (this doesn't happen under general appearance though).

Cary_B

I have never had any luck fixing ID tags, then updating the library.  If you have gone through and fixed tags, and corrected stuff, I would definatly delete all the old files from the old build, and start new.  Delete all the .cvr files in the ARTIST, GENRE, and YEARS folders, delete the RECORDS.cvr, RECORDS.rec, RECORDS.cvx, RECORDS.rex, and NEW.cvr, and NEW.bak.  You might want to get rid of RANDOM.dat, RANDOM2.dat, RANDOM3.dat and USER_HISTORY.dat.  This will make it a 100% clean start, and you will lose all your old info, such as user history, etc.  But from my experience, this is the way to go.  Also, make sure you update to the latest build, as Barry fixed a bug in the CONFIG.exe program that was building the filter directorys wrong. 

Barcrest

Remeber carry that config is only in the beta however he is right. If you alter tags but the file path is the same then update will not rescan files it already has scanned so a generate is the best way. The next version fixes a ton of bugs and things will be a lot smoother with that relase until then follow cary's suggestions
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Cary_B

Sorry, forgot it was still in Beta only.  I keep forgetting some users still haven't figured out that sending you an extra $25 or so gets them access to the good stuff.  Or maybe not, maybe I was just teasing them to get them to donate and help you out.   ;D