Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Version 6.5.1 Album Screen

Started by slsimon, February 12, 2011, 09:55:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slsimon

Hi,

It's been awhile since I looked at E-touch.  I just installed the latest release to test on my music collection.  Testing on the video database first.  After running E-Touch Config to create a video database, all I see on the album screen are white boxes where the album art should be as well as label 1 on bottom and label 2 on top of boxes.  Very interesting as the previous versions of E-Touch labeled and showed all the correct labels.  Any suggestions. 

Thanks,

gazzaa

I had the same problem, particularly when trying the latest beta.

I tried changing skins, reloading images etc but to no avail.

The way I cured it was to delete the install directory and install a fresh copy of the program.

The cover page is now as good as new.

The only problem now is the power off button has disappeared on the delegate page and I cant get the pin required for power off to go away.

Barcrest

Quote from: gazzaa on February 14, 2011, 10:31:25 AM

The way I cured it was to delete the install directory and install a fresh copy of the program.

The only problem now is the power off button has disappeared on the delegate page and I cant get the pin required for power off to go away.

So on the delagte login you can't see the power off button? Also is it always asking for a pin when you power off? Can you grab a screen shot of your security settings and i'll see if i can see what is wrong.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

slsimon

Gazzaa, 

Thank you for the post.  After removing the install directory and a re-install with a config of all databases, I am up and running again.  The new release has many improvements.  Can't wait for future releases with continued improvement. 

slsimon

Quote from: Barcrest on February 14, 2011, 02:00:51 PM

So on the delagte login you can't see the power off button? Also is it always asking for a pin when you power off? Can you grab a screen shot of your security settings and i'll see if i can see what is wrong.

Post directed towards Barry.  Nice job on the 6.5 improvements.  I can see a big improvement in many aspects of the new release.  It's been awhile but I am getting back in the grove and wanting to finish my setup.  Not sure if it will ever be finished, but I can dream, can't I.  Not only is there a speed improvement, noticeably on the album page, but also looks like there has been some work in cleaning up the overall appearance of the pages.  Keep up the nice work Barry.  I will keep on sending suggestions and possible improvements you way. 

Thanks, Shane

Barcrest

Quote from: slsimon on February 16, 2011, 01:19:44 AM

Post directed towards Barry.  Nice job on the 6.5 improvements.  I can see a big improvement in many aspects of the new release.  It's been awhile but I am getting back in the grove and wanting to finish my setup.  Not sure if it will ever be finished, but I can dream, can't I.  Not only is there a speed improvement, noticeably on the album page, but also looks like there has been some work in cleaning up the overall appearance of the pages.  Keep up the nice work Barry.  I will keep on sending suggestions and possible improvements you way. 

Thanks, Shane

Did you see the alternative 12 album COV view? I quite like it others seem to prefer the older look without the clickable genre and year.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

slsimon

Quote from: Barcrest on February 16, 2011, 05:57:08 PM
Quote from: slsimon on February 16, 2011, 01:19:44 AM

Thanks, Shane

Did you see the alternative 12 album COV view? I quite like it others seem to prefer the older look without the clickable genre and year.

I love the new 12 cover view.  Much better than the old view in my opinion.  That's the view I will be sticking with for now on with my testing.  Job well done. 

Thanks, Shane