Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Video Available?

Started by wwwombat, June 29, 2011, 03:21:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wwwombat

Been doing some searching and found some old topics like http://www.freeboxjukebox.com/Forum/index.php?topic=2165.0 that don't seem to have been resolved (or may have been but the thread wasn't updated.)

I'm just starting to explore adding Music Videos alongside my audio selection and am using version 7.0.9 beta 20 (I think) of E-touch (it's one back from the latest beta at time of posting).

Anyhoo, as a test, I've just loaded on 3 videos into artist folders under a jukevid folder. I've also named the files in a way that I think the nonmp3tagger looks for (uses - as delimiters rather than my preferred _)

So the directory/file structure is:

jukevid
- Blondie
  - Rapture - Blondie.mkv
- Daft Punk
  - Around The World - Daft Punk.mkv
- Eddy Grant
  - Electric Avenue - Eddy Grant.mkv

I've used non-mp3tagger.exe to tag all three so there's now a .tag file in each directory in which the Artist (%3), Song Title (%2) and CD Title/Album Name (%3) (which in my case equals the artist name) are all correctly replicated in the tag's <Artist>, <Title> and <Album> assignations.

I believe the setup to be correct and the videos all display and play okay under the video tab.

When I go into the audio tab for each of these artists and select the particular song in question from the (many more) audio files that I have for the artist then both the Daft Punk and Eddy Grant songs display the icon that says that a video is available as I would expect.

The Blondie one refuses to do so.

I've extensively checked the video and audio tags and there are NO differences. In fact I deliberately chose these 3 artists because the entire music set for each has the track artist = album artist (i.e. I don't have a single Blondie featuring xxxx song in that album) and they contain no strange characters like Ke$ha or punctuation marks.

So why doesn't the Blondie track display the "video available" option?

I'll mention here that I also have the "Show Alternate Tracks" and "Exact Match On DECADES" options on that maybe other people don't just in case they came into play. So, to resummarise:-

1) the "Electric Avenue - Eddy Grant" song has no alternate audio tracks and displays the "video available" button.

2) The "Around The World - Daft Punk" song does have alternate audio tracks of "East 17" and "Red Hot Chili Peppers" for the song title and it successfully displays the "video available" button

3) The "Rapture - Blondie" song has one alternate audio track of "iiO" but DOES NOT display the "video available" button.

Are there any debugging options I can turn on to find out why the match isn't being made?

Grasping at straws and noticing that the "Rapture" song is one word as opposed to the other two videos two words, I decided to rename the "Rapture" video to "Picture This" and retag/regenerate. This time around, when selecting the "Picture This" audio song (which has no alternate audio tracks) I DO get the "video available" button showing.

Barcrest

This is  odd, I will see if i can replice this.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

wwwombat

Added another 50 videos to try to track this down further. 2 interesting things to note

1) I added Aqua - Barbie Girl which alphabetically comes before the previously failing Blondie - Rapture video. Now the Blondie one works and the Aqua one doesn't. One wonders if we're encountering some "start of loop" error then. Not in front of the jukebox at the moment but I'll try with other videos to see if it's consistent.

2) 3 other videos also failed to make a match.

Edie Brickell & The New Bohemians - What I Am
Queen & David Bowie - Under Pressure
Run-DMC & Aerosmith - Walk This Way

As you can see, I think I've hit another variant of the mighty ampersand bug.

wwwombat

Continued adding videos and it's consistent.

1) Now that I've added Adele - Rolling In The Deep, she's the first audio/video connection alphabetically by artist so she's now the one where the connection doesn't show (i.e. the Aqua one now works)

2) Those & (ampersands) are always causing the problem.

Norman Marshall

I had this problem using XP, so i converted all videos to mp4 and upgraded to win7 and no matter what videos i add now they all play smashingly ;D ;D ;D
Dear God, Please bring back Bob Marley, In return you can have Justin Bieber. Amen

wwwombat

No...it's got nothing to do with the format of the videos... they all work fine if renamed to something that doesn't contain an ampersand or are NOT the first video.

I think Barry's hit the ampersand problem before in many varying occasions (not just to do with videos). For the first video alphabetically I just need some one else to confirm it/Barry to look at a potential start-of-loop counter problem.

Apart from (currently) those 4 I have no matching/playing issue at all.

wwwombat

And, for completeness, I should mention that I've downloaded the latest beta and Barry appears to have addressed these problems... thanks.