News:

Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

the search function\karaoke...what dont i understand???

Started by draginit, September 25, 2011, 08:32:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

draginit

<all my karaoke was tagged with tag&rename>

-doesnt seem to be real accurate. does it search using the file name or the tag?
example:  i first searched under artist for "adele" with no result.
  then i tried "rolling in the deep" with the track tab,..still nothing. i then searched "rolling" under the track tab and it brought up option but didnt pinpoint the exact song. 
The file name is "HMP1103-12 - adele -rolling in the deep"
of course if i search hmp1103-12 it will appear in the list of initial possibilites.  why cant it recognize other then the first word?

ok, heres the real kicker, when i search hmp1103-12  it will put the artist name before the searched name followed by the track.
By dragiin at 2011-09-25 if it can do that why does it not recognize adele when searching artist. coincidentally the album in which this one is in has all the info filled in tag & rename:
By dragiin at 2011-09-25

but 90% of my tags look like this:
By dragiin at 2011-09-25
if i do a search of elvis presley i get absolutly no results. and seems to be when the tags appears like this. doing a number search doesnt result in anything either.

i have to rely on the search function!! as it will be the only way i will find anything of the 140,000+ Ksongs :-\  i created a batch file to create a list of all mp3 and will be making a book in order to find songs so it is critical that i understand and get the search function working for me

also, one more thing i just thought of whilst typing this.  since 90% of the karaoke files had no tags, i used the write tags from file name function.  they seem to play fine in e-touch when choosing them randomly. but was i to then use the "rename" tab too.??   
Just when you thought it not possible....TwelveNinedy

acejas

This may not be your problem but  looking at your T&R screen, it looks like you're not using the full power of it.

ok, heres the real kicker, when i search hmp1103-12  it will put the artist name before the searched name followed by the track.

Thats because you have got the artist and file number in the title" Use Shift-F4 - get tags from file name and use the following mask
%8-%6 - %1 -  2

Once youve correctly tagged your files come back and let us know how you go. Theres some more stuff to look at but your tagged music is pretty much useless.

Its a great program and once you use the features of it youll love it

draginit

you are soooo right!!  i did a test in T&R with the first album i picked and set it up with the mask you suggested.  WOW, it filled in the album and title spaces. i thought i was getting an understanding on the program but i think this was the answer i was looking for.

i will go thru now and rename the remainder of my collection and post the results!

thanks
  quick question tho,,,if i rename them after using that mask, i will lose all the disc name ya?  i guess ill have to decide if its worth doing that or if searching by the disc name is easier

Barcrest

The disc name will be the album title I think looking at that mask. This is how I have my karaoke set up.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

acejas

i couldnt see your entire file name....but extract what you want for it ....so like barry said use album name %3

what is your disc name? an example?

Digital Sounds Ltd

Hi

You might want to have a look at tagscanner (http://www.xdlab.ru/en/)

I find that software alot easier than T&R, especially for karaoke.

I don't know about T&R but with tagscanner, you can rename your music files, and it will also change the .cdg to match
ie:
SF192-01-ABBA-THANK ABBA FOR THE MUSIC.mp3
SF192-01-ABBA-THANK ABBA FOR THE MUSIC.cdg

to

Abba - Thank Abba for the music.mp3
Abba - Thank Abba for the music.cdg

Regards

Matt

One other thing.  You can also generate the tags from a file name, and change them all in one big batch

draginit

fu +1 acejas for dropping that mask my way.

happy to say as far as i can tell after updating my library to that format,,every search seems to be 100% accurate so far.   in the end i decided the album name wasnt as important,. as karaoke will really only be searched and i cant imagine anyone, including myself, going to try and browse thru karaoke albums. perhaps if the collection was smaller it would seem feesible.
ill save that kina browsing for the audio. i love the spin on this button...spose i could use that in karaoke..
:beer