Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Typical load times?

Started by elitegroups, February 24, 2012, 03:56:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elitegroups

How long does E-Touch take to load?  It usually takes about 2-3 minutes to load on my Celeron 1.3GHz 512MB computer and around the 1 minute mark the message, "loading black & blue skin" is displayed and music that was in the queue begins playing.  Then after another minute it finishes loading.  Is this normal for the music to begin playing before the E-touch has fully loaded or is it because my system is weak?  I plan on getting a P4 or AMD AthlonX2 dUAL cORE.

Barcrest

This is normal, the queue starts playing or random play before the skin is loaded to get you to the music quicker, especially useful if you have a crash or need to restart in a commercial environment or at a aprty when you don't want any downtime in the music. A Large history and a large library will also slow down the loading times.

You can speed it up by running of a faster hard drive like a SSD and have windows and E-Touch located on that drive.

Less graphic intensive skins will also load quicker as will skins using BMP files rather than a compressed image source like jpg's.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

elitegroups

Okay thanks for the info Barcrest.