Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Optimal Resolution for Album Art

Started by cduvarney, July 27, 2015, 10:53:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cduvarney

What is the optimal resolution for album art in E-Touch Jukebox?  On one hand, the small the file, the quicker the program should be able to handle/display the artwork.  On the other hand, the higher the resolution, the better the artwork will look on the screen.  Also, the dpi and size of LCD screens is ever increasing.  What would users recommend: 400 x 400, 600 x 600, 800 x 800, 1000 x 1000, something else?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Mark Norville

It is swings and roundabouts and experimenting in my view, it would come down to your skin design if you are doing one. The hardest part of the skinning process is the graphics, the best way of judging is by using your eyes really, if you are creating your own skin and creating it for your monitor, how does that graphic look etc etc.

If you are not happy then it will not work, but you might get hundreds of people say yeah that looks excellent, but the only person you need to please is yourself.

I will add to this but if you think about it, say for example a cover by Abba will be at a different resolution to say for example Adele so unless you scan every single cover art yourself, you will never 100% have things perfect as all covers are different.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

jukejohn

I use 400 x 400 seems to be a good res for both looks and usage

Barcrest

400x400 for the larger images and 140x140 for the smaller thumbnails, they look fine on my 1024 x 768 display with the default skin.

I use IRFANVIEW to resize them having the larger one as cover.jpg and the smaller one as coversmall.jpg

If you have them larger than 400x400 and you don't have thumbnails you will notice the performance hit paging albums.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...