Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

fan art for various artist albums

Started by cliff, January 11, 2011, 05:26:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cliff

Is there a way to link fan art with various artist albums like soundtracks?

corus75

hi,

find a good pic on google ( i found a jukebox pic with some groovy graphics) call it 'default_fanart' for version 6. version 5 is called 'default'. (was changed because someone had a band called default)

Loud is not loud until the neighbours dare knock on the door!!
(even then you've got a few more hours)

cliff

I am not looking for default fan art, i am looking for a way to have a different fan art for each album.

corus75

Hmm

well fanart goes for artists thats why its fanart, your thinking of fanart for each separate album.

as a various album as various artist thats were defualt comes in handy
Loud is not loud until the neighbours dare knock on the door!!
(even then you've got a few more hours)

cliff

i could retag the files for the soundtracks so the program reads them as artist but thats not a great option.  man i wish this program was open source like mame.

Barcrest

Quote from: cliff on January 13, 2011, 03:54:25 PM
i could retag the files for the soundtracks so the program reads them as artist but thats not a great option.  man i wish this program was open source like mame.

But if the album is various artists then why which artist would you want it to pick to show for each album? I guess a workaround would be to offer a different option to use the album name rather than the artist or use the album name if it was various artists and if that didn't exist use the default art. Every time another option is added where the app has to check things though it slows down obviously which is why i try and keep things simple.

Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

cliff

I understand it would complicate things and also mess up things with the search engine.  this program is a incredible with so many options I was curious if that option was possible. It would be a option that probably only i would use any way.  thanks for your answer.  aside from that i have to tell you i have tried every touch screen jukebox program available and e-touch is a masterpiece. 

Barcrest

Quote from: cliff on January 13, 2011, 05:32:24 PM
I understand it would complicate things and also mess up things with the search engine.  this program is a incredible with so many options I was curious if that option was possible. It would be a option that probably only i would use any way.  thanks for your answer.  aside from that i have to tell you i have tried every touch screen jukebox program available and e-touch is a masterpiece. 

Thank you very much, you should really consider moving to V6. The next V6 release has some real nice improvments.

Jukebox Stats...

cliff

I like the concept but like it was explained to me all the extra bells and whistles will eventually slow down the programs performance. 

Thalfura

i honestly haven't seen it slow down the program as of yet. V6 is looking sensational atm. V7 should be Epic when it hits the interwebs.

Barcrest

Quote from: cliff on January 26, 2011, 11:15:17 PM
I like the concept but like it was explained to me all the extra bells and whistles will eventually slow down the programs performance.  

Actually Cliff you should try out the v6 demo, the speed improvements over V5 are really noticible. I think I could probably use the album name for fanart if artist name doesn't match up.

Jukebox Stats...

cliff

I hope it is possible because there are so many great pictures of bands it is hard to pic one. I was hesitant to try v6 because my computer is a old pentium 4 and i was worried about the speed. The computer runs v5 ok but it is slow on the letter slider and animations are out of the questions. unrelated but is there a way to remove the screen saver off of the now playing screen?

Barcrest

Quote from: cliff on February 24, 2011, 08:40:52 PM
I hope it is possible because there are so many great pictures of bands it is hard to pic one. I was hesitant to try v6 because my computer is a old pentium 4 and i was worried about the speed. The computer runs v5 ok but it is slow on the letter slider and animations are out of the questions. unrelated but is there a way to remove the screen saver off of the now playing screen?

you should try the V6 demo, it installs to a different folder. You should see a speed increase when paging and using the slider.

Jukebox Stats...