Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

update albums

Started by jukejohn, August 25, 2011, 10:49:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jukejohn

does update work or do you still have to run generate

Barcrest

Generate is the best, update isn't really any quicker.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

jukejohn

this is were etouch starts to wind me up been messing with generate albums for past hour

if i generate with the genre artists and years ticked at the end of a very long wait of generating
due to the amount of albums i get a error message

if i generate and tick clear boxes it completes with no errors but due to clearing there is no artist of filters
as there shouldnt be and then go back untick clear boxes and tick genres artist and year then do another generate and again after waiting a long time the error comes back

so this is what winds me up in the past when i have wanted to  add just a few albums when its been working ok it gets error again in short its a painful sometimes a gamble when adding music thats why i asked if update function worked its very confusing at times and as you know ive been with this software
a few years and i dont always get it right the first time so its going to be hard for the newbies to
get it right

using the latest beta
sorry if i sound miserable dude  :downer

Barcrest

The problem will be a dodgy genre tag so it can't write out the genre.cvr file. Take a look at the genre tags for each album in the config. I bet it is a dodgy tag with a non standard character.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

jukejohn

jukejohn

still getting same error -runtime error 52 bad file name or number-

spent ages checking the files cant find any probs  :downer

eist1

jukejohn,

You may want to try breaking your music into multiple folders and then try and adding each one of those... After you find a folder it errors out on, you can them break that up into separate folder until you find the bad file. You can also open each folder in tag & Rename to verify it doesn't see any errors.

jukejohn

yes done that before
however ive just run the same collection on my laptop with no errors
i think it uses a beta from a few weeks ago   ::)

ecbrad

In the years I've been using and loving E-Touch, I have never been able to get update or generate to work without a really bad result unless I do a completely new one. So I empty the files/databases and do a fresh install every time I want to add new music to the jukebox. This is why I usually only do it every 4 months or so.

Brad

coffee

I use the generate and update function with great success but it is very tricky and you will need some experience with it.
MrZedSven developed a new database builder and editor where you can edit genre and year of tracks or albums, delete single songs from albums or update the library. We may be releasing this application here at a later stage.

jukejohn

just like brad mentioned etouch rings all the bells but when it comes to updating
its a nightmare
i have updated/generated my music with genres artist years unticked and when
i started etouch all the genres are there on the filter page strangely  ???

what gets me is using the same music structure copyed on a drive works
on my laptop  ???
cant somebody come up with a simplified updating programe thats stable  :downer

corus75

from memory the last time I added new albums I regenerated new library.

ticked create genre/artist/year box & also ticked clear box to prevent duplicating current list. And ticked create image thumbnail box and do not overite thumbnails box.

This works fine for me, but does take a bit of time due to creating new library. Update used to work great, it used to say 3 albums loaded straight away then hay presto done. but now if pressed nothing seems to happen so I always regenerate now.
Loud is not loud until the neighbours dare knock on the door!!
(even then you've got a few more hours)

jukejohn

yes just to update a few albums without any issues would be just nice

jukejohn

ok just done the old method removed a few files and it worked put them back
one by one and bugger me it worked which is weird same structure as before

???
another problem is if i close down etouch it comes up with a strange
message about not instaled propely and i have to put my key number
in its done this a few times