Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

V8 Issues & Suggestions

Started by urbecrisch, March 23, 2013, 08:09:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

urbecrisch

OK, here's the list of issues I am having using the newest V8.

1.  I have the NEW labels set to 30 days old and sometimes the green NEW label shows up and sometimes during scrolling it goes away.  Not sure why it is so inconsistent.

2.  How do I get the Jukebox ID# on the main screen to go away?  Looks akward.

3.  When I go into an album, is there a way I can dissable the BY ARTIST, BY GENRE, BY YEAR buttons?

4. 10245x768 dos not work on my laptop even though I'm running 1366x768.  It filled the screen fine when I was running V5 but it gets cropped with V8 :(

5. How the heck do I get Collections to work?  I saved a CVR file in CVR Creator and placed it in the COLLECTIONS FOLDER.  When I start up the juke and go to Hot Collections nothing shows up.

6.  I'm wondering if V8 can adopt an option to Generate Music List based on Date Created.  Date Modified is OK but sometimes I modify old music albums and I do not want them to show up as new so it would make more sense to generate based on Date created..........

...... this may go along with Genrating Vs. Updating, but when I update the library nothing happens.  Can't I add new music without using the Generate button like in V5?  I thought the Update Library button was good for updating genre and year tags in my albums.  I don't want to always have to Generate when adding music.

Sorry for the bombardment of questions... just using V8 a lot and notice some problems I didn't experience in the earlier version I was using.

Thanks for all your hard work and taking time to help me out.

Barcrest

Quote from: urbecrisch on March 23, 2013, 08:09:33 PM
OK, here's the list of issues I am having using the newest V8.

1.  I have the NEW labels set to 30 days old and sometimes the green NEW label shows up and sometimes during scrolling it goes away.  Not sure why it is so inconsistent.

Do you have your date set to be in UK format?

2.  How do I get the Jukebox ID# on the main screen to go away?  Looks akward.

You need to edit the skin to move this.

3.  When I go into an album, is there a way I can dissable the BY ARTIST, BY GENRE, BY YEAR buttons?

Turn off the quickjumps if you don't want them.

4. 10245x768 dos not work on my laptop even though I'm running 1366x768.  It filled the screen fine when I was running V5 but it gets cropped with V8 :(

Do you have it set to full screen? You could try a wide screen skin.

5. How the heck do I get Collections to work?  I saved a CVR file in CVR Creator and placed it in the COLLECTIONS FOLDER.  When I start up the juke and go to Hot Collections nothing shows up.

Use the CVR Creator and generate some collection CVR files. Put those in the colletions folder with a jpg of the same name for that to work.

6.  I'm wondering if V8 can adopt an option to Generate Music List based on Date Created.  Date Modified is OK but sometimes I modify old music albums and I do not want them to show up as new so it would make more sense to generate based on Date created..........

I thought about this but i find date modified to be more acurrate, I think if you modify an old album usually to fix tags or art work you would want it to show up as new so people know it's been fixed.

...... this may go along with Genrating Vs. Updating, but when I update the library nothing happens.  Can't I add new music without using the Generate button like in V5?  I thought the Update Library button was good for updating genre and year tags in my albums.  I don't want to always have to Generate when adding music.

Sorry for the bombardment of questions... just using V8 a lot and notice some problems I didn't experience in the earlier version I was using.

Thanks for all your hard work and taking time to help me out.

Update should work as you describe, do you have the options set to generate the artist, year and genre libs? If you are using update you want the clear box next to them checked also. It will then erase them and re-build them when you use generate.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

urbecrisch

QuoteDo you have your date set to be in UK format?

I'm using Win7 and it doesn't have a UK time zone (strange) so I just used the one for Spain cause I think it's equivalent or is there a UK zone I'm missing?  The NEW does show up on an album but as I browse and use the jukebox the NEW goes away sometimes, then will reappear later. Very odd.

QuoteYou need to edit the skin to move this.
:(  I don't have time to edit the skin, is there a skin out there for me to load that doesn't have this?

QuoteI thought about this but i find date modified to be more acurrate, I think if you modify an old album usually to fix tags or art work you would want it to show up as new so people know it's been fixed.
Actually I think it would be great to have it generate by Created Date because sometimes it's just a matter of fixing a simple file error in that album and people don't really care that the name of the band was not changed to Capital letters, or that there was a mistake on the album year.  I just don't like to have an old album (aka. Beatles, Stones, etc) show up as new simply because I changed the year on the album.  If this is fixed via UPDATE LIBRARY function than it is not that big of a deal.  I just think it would be more beneficial to choose if you would like to generate based off of DATE CREATED or DATE MODIFIED.  Can this even be done?

QuoteUpdate should work as you describe, do you have the options set to generate the artist, year and genre libs? If you are using update you want the clear box next to them checked also. It will then erase them and re-build them when you use generate.
I only have the generate artist checked and yes, I did have the clear box checked and the new date of the album I had just changed in tag & rename did not show up after I UPDATED LIBRARY.

Barcrest

Quote from: urbecrisch on March 24, 2013, 06:50:07 PM
QuoteUpdate should work as you describe, do you have the options set to generate the artist, year and genre libs? If you are using update you want the clear box next to them checked also. It will then erase them and re-build them when you use generate.
I only have the generate artist checked and yes, I did have the clear box checked and the new date of the album I had just changed in tag & rename did not show up after I UPDATED LIBRARY.

Because update doesn't check if the modified date has changed. If it had to do that then it would be no quicker than doing a generate. Update is there to pick up new albums really as a quicker way to get them in, generate is really the prefered method and can be achieved by a comand line process and as such be automated.

Jukebox Stats...

ecbrad

Quote from: Barcrest on March 25, 2013, 10:15:32 AM

Because update doesn't check if the modified date has changed. If it had to do that then it would be no quicker than doing a generate. Update is there to pick up new albums really as a quicker way to get them in, generate is really the prefered method and can be achieved by a comand line process and as such be automated.

Roughly how much faster should it be? The few times I've used it I see little to no difference so I always just regenerate.

Cheers,
brad

Barcrest

Quote from: ecbrad on March 25, 2013, 08:56:47 PM
Quote from: Barcrest on March 25, 2013, 10:15:32 AM

Roughly how much faster should it be? The few times I've used it I see little to no difference so I always just regenerate.

Cheers,
brad

I pretty much do the same, generate isn't exactly slow and creates everything correctly. Update shouldn't bother reading in the tags for known albums and as such saves that time. The bigger the library the more time you would save. I have 250,000+ tracks but i still use generate.

Jukebox Stats...

urbecrisch

How do I remove pin settings in the pin.ini folder?  I turned on my pin but when I enter the pin # the screen is black except for the POWER OFF and CLEAN SCREEN buttons so I cannot make any setting changes :(  This happens with every skin in V8 I have.

Barcrest

Quote from: urbecrisch on March 30, 2013, 08:07:38 PM
How do I remove pin settings in the pin.ini folder?  I turned on my pin but when I enter the pin # the screen is black except for the POWER OFF and CLEAN SCREEN buttons so I cannot make any setting changes :(  This happens with every skin in V8 I have.

Sounds like you are entering the delegate pin and not the admin pin, both pins are stored in the registry.

Jukebox Stats...

urbecrisch

Where exactly can I find the info?  Where's the registry file? What do I do to get it to view the admin buttons in options screen?

Barcrest

Quote from: urbecrisch on April 02, 2013, 01:42:38 PM
Where exactly can I find the info?  Where's the registry file? What do I do to get it to view the admin buttons in options screen?

Open up the registry and do a search for e-touch and you'll find the keys.

Jukebox Stats...

urbecrisch

Sorry Barry, I just don't know what I'm looking for.  In my Etouch folder I do not see a registry file or folder.  Are you talking about my Windows Registry?  I have Etouch installed on an external hard drive if that makes a difference.

Barcrest

Quote from: urbecrisch on April 02, 2013, 02:25:37 PM
Sorry Barry, I just don't know what I'm looking for.  In my Etouch folder I do not see a registry file or folder.  Are you talking about my Windows Registry?  I have Etouch installed on an external hard drive if that makes a difference.

Yes windows registry, there will be an E-Touch 8 section.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\E-Touch 8\Settings]

Require_Pin"="0"

"Admin_Pin"="1234"

Change either of those to set the admin pin or turn off the pin "0" is no pin required and you can set the pin in E-Touch.

Jukebox Stats...

urbecrisch

It worked :) Thanks.  So if I want to have a pin for only the OPTIONS button and no DELEGATE PIN what should I enter for PIN info?

Barcrest

Quote from: urbecrisch on April 02, 2013, 04:13:26 PM
It worked :) Thanks.  So if I want to have a pin for only the OPTIONS button and no DELEGATE PIN what should I enter for PIN info?

You need to use the admin pin to access the options screen, that will give you full access to the options.

Jukebox Stats...