Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

New Idea

Started by coffee, March 15, 2007, 10:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coffee

Hi Barry

I have a great idea ( I think ). How about data tracking? For example.
   - If Freebox can keep track of what albums is played and what tracks. This will allow you to take off any tracks or albums that is not used.
   - Keep track of how many coins was inserted in each comparator and at what time so you can            immediatly see if there is a faulty comparator. Or maybe the last time a coin was inserted.
   - Record the time the machine was switched on or off to see when your customer had the machine on and for who long. This will explain a lot if the machine is not making money.
   - Record any errors on the system.
   - Record when the door of the machine was opened (Use a key input from a micro switch). With this you can keep track off unautherized openings.

I know that in some countries some of this data is requied by law. The reason is to sort out artist royalties and so on.
I have also seen a Jukebox that is made in China. The machine sends this data to you every hour with cellphone technology. You can then see if there is a problem with the machine even before the customer informs you about it. Like when there is a coinjam or something like that.

This sure is not something everybody will use but data tracking is great for commercial operators.
It makes life a lot easier.

Thanks
Coffee

kizer

Exactly Commercial operators would need that sort of thing for royalties.
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

Barcrest

Well a lot of that data is already there...

The coin meters are all there and have a reset meter for the person emptying the machine and a master meter. They should fill in a log and log both set of valuse and then reset the meter when they empty the cash box. That was added as per advice from an operator in the U.K. to prevent your cash collectors stealing money off you.

The history keeps track of every song played and can even track the random played songs for a royalties purpose. I am updating this for the next version to make it more usable...

I like the machine entry key i will add that to the next version.

The system errors can be monitored via the windows event view if you have it set up correctly it does a far better job than i could and also includes boot up times etc.. that i will not try and do.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

coffee

Hi Barry

Another thing that would be nice is if you can export that data from a folder onto a memory stick. This way you can get all the data together at your office and make a speadsheet or a graph of the data.
Also if you can get it to work automaticly so that when you insert a memory stick into the jukebox it will transfer the data by itself. This will take away the need for a pen and paper when you cash-up the machine because normally you have to spend some time writing everything down and when you get to the office you need to input the data on another computer.
The term we use in the industry is " Hassle free operating " and that is what operators want.

Coffee

Barcrest

So what you want for the log file is a CSV file then.... No worries..
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

mcguigsy

Hi barry is this software available yet, i really like the look of it have you any other types of software.

sorry i am new to this