Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Videos on a second screen

Started by patcariss, June 28, 2010, 05:30:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

patcariss

Hi guys,

I use etouch through a laptop, now i have tried for some time now to use the external output (on the laptop) for video to display only the videos on the external screen and to remain blank when just music is playing. with no success.

What i am thinking is that i need a dual output video card and a PC, not just the laptop with an external output to achieve this, would i be correct in this?

Thanks in advance

Patty

Barcrest

You can use the second output on a laptop if it will allow you to extend the desktop rather than clone it. Normally they just clone the screen and obviously that wil not work.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

patcariss

Thanks, im getting somewhere,
I now have my extended desktop set up.

When i go into the menu in e touch under the video/visualisation bit, 3 monitors are there and they all say "not enabled" inside them.
I have "use second monitor" checked and second monitor ID "2" selected as thats which one it is according to windows.

I can hear the song being played but no video comes up on my external monitor.

Thanks..

Patty

Barcrest

Try selecting different montior numbers. When you have the right one you will see it displaying on the second screen now you have extended desktop set up.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Aussie-Adam

Make sure you position the screens next to eachother in wondows, too ..... dont have one on top of the other.

patcariss

Still having dramas,

Ill play around again tonight and if i can work it out ill post what i did.

Thanks for your help guys.

Patty