Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

not reading library?

Started by Hitek, April 13, 2011, 02:27:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hitek

I decided to try out version 7, so I installed the demo and ran it. The first thing it did was tell me that I don't have a db created, so I set the path to my media library and clicked the Generate DB button, but all it did was display "Generating... Audio Generating Records". It's unclear that it's actually doing anything. I let it run for over 3 hours today before killing it and retrying with a MUCH smaller subset of music (25 songs) and then finally a directory with ONE SINGLE mp3 in it and it's still does nothing. Just sits there "Generating... Audio".

What am I missing? What's the magic phrase to get this thing going?
I'm on Windows 7 64bit. It's not throwing any kind of error, in fact, Task Manager shows it's doing *something*. Using about 43MB of ram, and about 5% of my CPU with peaks up to about 8%.
What do I need to get this thing running?

Hitek

Apparently, it will scan the entire drive, regardless of what sub-directory you put in, because it actually finished a scan this time, but instead of the 1 mp3 file I was expecting it to find, it found my entire library.
I guess my confusion was caused by the fact that there isn't a progress bar.
Should probably think about putting one in, or *some* indicator that it's actually doing something.

Barcrest

You need to run it in advanced mode first, i need to alter the simple mode to accept a user path if entered into the box manually.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...