Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Skin Tool Bug

Started by Norman Marshall, April 08, 2011, 12:50:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norman Marshall

Hi Guys,
          for all you guys who do skinning, is there a bug with the skin tool because ive just finished skinning my second skin, got everything the way i want it, copied it to a flash drive and the  to the jukebox, loaded it up and it loaded with the default skin style but my buttons and colourseven though i clicked on SAVE SKIN everytime i altered a page

Dear God, Please bring back Bob Marley, In return you can have Justin Bieber. Amen

coffee

If e-touch starts with the default it means that the skin saved as the current skin in the freebox.ini file is not present.
You can look under [Current Skin] in the INI file and just change this to a skin on the list just above this entry.
If the default skin loaded you may have issues with the menu buttons not showing up. Look for a "Show Menu Buttons" entry in the freebox.ini file. Underneath that you see a series of "0"'s and "1"'s, just change them all to "1" and save this settings.
If you don't know how to get into this file you can PM me and I'll help you with this.

Barcrest

It is the ini files, you have the default ini files so something with the copy went wrong. I have just opened up your skin and i can confrim that it does indeed open with the default layout but your images. I assume you kept the image names the same so it appears you have somehow combined your images with the default ini files.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Norman Marshall

Quote from: Barcrest on April 08, 2011, 01:14:36 PM
It is the ini files, you have the default ini files so something with the copy went wrong. I have just opened up your skin and i can confrim that it does indeed open with the default layout but your images. I assume you kept the image names the same so it appears you have somehow combined your images with the default ini files.
Yes Barry, ive kept the image name the same throughout, i will read through your and coffees post and see what i can accomplish, is the ini file the same ini that is hidden by default and know one can find?
Dear God, Please bring back Bob Marley, In return you can have Justin Bieber. Amen

Barcrest

Quote from: GlennCarnell on April 08, 2011, 03:24:01 PM
Quote from: Barcrest on April 08, 2011, 01:14:36 PM
Yes Barry, ive kept the image name the same throughout, i will read through your and coffees post and see what i can accomplish, is the ini file the same ini that is hidden by default and know one can find?

No the ini files in the skin folder, the specific ones for the skin.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...