Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Run time error 13

Started by roberts123, August 03, 2008, 05:38:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roberts123

After configuration I cannot start Freebox - Run-time error ´13´ Type mismatch. Please Help

Barcrest

What language version of windows are you running? Is it set to english? If not you need to check what you have as a decimal point. It needs to be "." not "," or any other symbol.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

spacefractal

In my danish Vista system (using ,) it seem it didden't have any problems yet here and did start very fine here. But I dosent like if you need to change a system seting to get a application to work. Of course this is a try to see this cause that problem.

But I guess you should avoid read and save floating points directly, but instead convert into a string first, replace the , to a ., and convert it to int. This make sure it save in the proper way.

Otherwice, does Visual Basic not have a setting to force it to allways run in English mode (.), regaardless of system language setting? I have see that problem in some other applications before (none jukebox realative).

But this is just my 2 cent....

Barcrest

I have tried to make all values saved integers but i think some might have slipped through. If it worked for you then that might now be the problem.

I need to know what O/S is being used as well.

Quote13     Type Mismatch     Make sure your system regional settings are setup correctly and that the program you're running is made for your version of Windows.

That is what i find on the web when i search for that error.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

roberts123

i am using windows xp and o am new at this so could you please tell me where i could change all that

spacefractal

start / control panel /  International language settings.

If you cant see it here, you might select classic view after control panel.