Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

windows 10

Started by Norman Marshall, October 25, 2016, 07:22:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norman Marshall

Hi all

Is anyone running windows 10 on there jukes? and were you having problems with drivers for the touchscreen and other things, after upgrading to v10 i'm having issues with the up/down arrows on the song select page not being there, gonna try reinstalling win 7 first but if the issues persists I might try win 10
Dear God, Please bring back Bob Marley, In return you can have Justin Bieber. Amen

berrywell

Yes, I am using Windows 10 on my Jukebox PC.

So far, I haven't experienced any directly related issues regarding using E-Touch V9 (& later V10) and Windows 10 together. I have been using this set up since the start of the year.
I haven't come across the issue you're experiencing with the navigation buttons.

Stupidly obvious question but are the up/down arrow buttons still in the skin's images folder, I'm just wondering whether they managed to get 'lost' during the upgrade to Windows 10?

Norman Marshall

Still using win 7 but have tried using sxxlxxs and the navigation buttons are still missin, ive checked the images folder and the buttons are still in there. The error log didnt bring up much. Gonna flatten juke tonight reinstall windows and try again as ive never had this issue before so im kinda stumped
Dear God, Please bring back Bob Marley, In return you can have Justin Bieber. Amen

berrywell

Ahh right, sorry, I read it as you'd already upgraded to Windows 10, my mistake.

Just as a last resort before doing the full reinstalling of windows, how about trying to delete the skins in the skin folder then download the skins individually from this forum and then copy them back into the skin folder again? Might be worth a shot?

Mark Norville

I will give a warning though, it would depend on which monitor you have got. If you have a really old touch screen monitor then you might not be able to get a driver for it. I know with my cabinet, that there was an unofficial Windows 7 driver but the touch screen was designed to work with Windows XP only. I still have some issues in relation to the drivers loading the first time.

I still would not advise going to Windows 10 but it depends on what you want to do with the computer really. I know that I am not going to upgrade until after 2020 and even then I might never upgrade after that. Windows 7 is the best operating system out of the bunch.

Windows 10 can be slow, filled with spyware and a cash cow for Micogreed. The only reason why any one would consider Windows 10 is simply for the Xbox one.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Norman Marshall

I agree mark, win 10 is a bit ficklety as far as drivers are concerned so installing it will be a last resort, win 7 is the best but for some reason im having problems ive never had before but then again it is a computer and these things are unpredictable

Norman Marshall

just installed V10,5 on me laptop and the missing up and down navigation buttons have made an appearance so I think ill reinstall windows and go from there.

berrywell

My Jukebox PC came with Windows 10 as standard and I agree with both of you, it's no Windows 7 which is far superior in every way. Saying that though, E-Touch does work fine and dandy with Windows 10.

What annoys me the most though, is that I have my Juke set up with home networking so I can transfer the files from my main desktop computer (skins, songs etc.) without the need to use a USB stick, but every time Microsoft makes available a new Win 10 update, I have to reset the networking on it. Very, very frustrating  >:(

If you're able to stick with windows 7 then do so, I do know Windows 10 isn't going anywhere near my main PC for many, many years to come.

Nforce2

Had Windows 10 running fine on my jukebox pc. Only problem occurred was recently, when it downloaded the Anniversary update. The sound card (Asus Xonar) conflicted with the built in Network drivers. Tried several drivers but the issue remained meaning that I could only have one or the other running. I've reluctantly reformatted and installed Win 7 again.

For what it's worth, also had some issues with my htpc running Win 10 after it downloaded the Anniversary update, but thankfully nothing too major.