Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Skin not fully loading

Started by djmarkhill, January 07, 2012, 11:33:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

djmarkhill

Hi all

I've just installed V7 and installed black and blue with letters (1600x900) v7 and it only loads so much of it. The right hand edge of the skin is loading and all i can see is the desktop, it show as far across as the letter Q and the last column of covers is only showing. Is this skin corrupt or do I need to do something. I like the black & blue skin that loads by default but I'm after one with letters rather than the slider as it seems a little slow. I would like to use the same skin v6.5.1 but there are now option buttons like search etc, even though theyre checked in the setup screen.

djmarkhill

Ok Guys

The skin is now loading but the letter buttons are not working. Are there any known bugs or things I need to look at or do please?

Barcrest

Is there anything in the error.log file? Does it just not jump to the letters?
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

djmarkhill

strangely the buttons are now working. It seems that loading it again has solved this. Is there a way of speeding up the response from the time of pressing a letter button or one of the arrows on the album screen, there is a delay of about 2-3 seconds, also if you drag the screen it moves across very slowly.

Barcrest

The screen scrolling slowly only effects certain machines so if it's slow you might want to turn that off. The paging delays usually are caused by your album cover images being too large.

Jukebox Stats...

djmarkhill

What's the minimum and maximum recommended size for covers. I'll look into sorting it. The software is fantastic, I just want to get the best out of it.

Barcrest

Quote from: djmarkhill on January 12, 2012, 09:06:27 PM
What's the minimum and maximum recommended size for covers. I'll look into sorting it. The software is fantastic, I just want to get the best out of it.

For coversmall.jpg I use 170 x 170 and for cover.jpg I use 400 x 400. Those look fine on any of the standard skins, make sure you have your smaller image set to load coversmall in the e-touch options.

Jukebox Stats...

djmarkhill

Thank you. Ill have a look later at what my current setup is. :)

djmarkhill

Fantastic! that worked a treat thank you. Last question then
Is is possible to search using black and blue v7 1600x900?