Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Default skin - black and blue 800 x 600 - main screen problems

Started by rumackay, June 11, 2013, 08:21:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rumackay

After updating to the latest beta I notice the main screen has some areas with some text that seem to filter when I try and click certain albums on the screen. So I opened up skin tool and there is a whole lot of stuff sitting over the top of the main screen:

I've tried to point out the problem areas with the green arrows

What's going on with the main screen?

coffee

You will need to open the skin with the skintool and move those text boxes off screen to the right.
Save the skin when your finished and the problem will be solved.

urbecrisch

Coffee funny you should point that out cause I was using the skintool on the newest beta and I noticed the same thing on the sxxlxx skin.  I will be removing the text as well.

rumackay

I'll give that a go thanks coffee. Out of curiosity, what exactly are those boxes for?

*Edit* Just tried and it looks like it's everything all at once on top of each other!  :o

Is that how it's supposed to be?

*Edit 2* Ok, main screen is everything, correct? Album view is the one in the example pic. Ahhhh...

So I see all these small boxes where the problem is and they are to do with "released" and "genre" I imagine in reference to each album on the screen. Makes sense as that's what was being filtered when I touched them. Are they important? If I move them off the screen will I run into problems later on?

Barcrest

Quote from: rumackay on June 11, 2013, 10:53:39 PM
I'll give that a go thanks coffee. Out of curiosity, what exactly are those boxes for?

*Edit* Just tried and it looks like it's everything all at once on top of each other!  :o

Is that how it's supposed to be?

*Edit 2* Ok, main screen is everything, correct? Album view is the one in the example pic. Ahhhh...

So I see all these small boxes where the problem is and they are to do with "released" and "genre" I imagine in reference to each album on the screen. Makes sense as that's what was being filtered when I touched them. Are they important? If I move them off the screen will I run into problems later on?

There is an option in the skin tool to turn those labels off for that COV File, just make sure you save the cov file. You can also drag them off screen for the same result.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

rumackay

I'm not seeing the option, but then again I'm probably looking right at it. It happens sometimes...  :-[

rumackay

Ok, is it the "show album date and genre" on the file controls/settings part of the skin tool? Currently it's unchecked but when I check it and then uncheck it again those problem areas disappear. But as soon as I load etouch they are still there and when I go back into skintool the option is still unchecked but the problem fields are back again

Barcrest

Quote from: rumackay on June 13, 2013, 11:14:31 PM
Ok, is it the "show album date and genre" on the file controls/settings part of the skin tool? Currently it's unchecked but when I check it and then uncheck it again those problem areas disappear. But as soon as I load etouch they are still there and when I go back into skintool the option is still unchecked but the problem fields are back again

Did you re save the COV file after making that change?
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

rumackay