Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

E-Touch is hanging

Started by Norman Marshall, September 02, 2012, 03:10:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barcrest

Quote from: GlennCarnell on September 05, 2012, 09:14:50 AM
Ok tested etouch and the last problems reported have been sorted, its bact to hanging now

I'm assuming it's not reporting any issues in the error log any more?

You could try running it without the touchscreen and see if it hangs then, this appears to be something unique to that set up as I have no other reports of it doing this.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Norman Marshall

Gonna try that now , my knees up is on friday so if it not sorted im gonna try limiting the amount of songs in the queue.
Dear God, Please bring back Bob Marley, In return you can have Justin Bieber. Amen

Barcrest

Quote from: GlennCarnell on September 05, 2012, 10:33:28 AM
Gonna try that now , my knees up is on friday so if it not sorted im gonna try limiting the amount of songs in the queue.

It's odd that you have not experienced this before. I want to get it working as much as you but it's not something I can replicate here. I also suggest you stick with the default skin to rule out any odd behaviour with that.

Jukebox Stats...

Norman Marshall

Quote from: Barcrest on September 05, 2012, 11:36:30 AM

It's odd that you have not experienced this before. I want to get it working as much as you but it's not something I can replicate here. I also suggest you stick with the default skin to rule out any odd behaviour with that.

Its been happening for a while now barry but ive been putting it down to power management in bios or the touch panel kit going into sleep mode or even the fact  that my monitor isnt a proper touch screen so i havent really been that bothered but now i have a chance to sell a juke i need to get to the bottom of it, Im even considering downgrading to V6 or V7, today and maybe tomorow is my last chance to sort the problem cos the room my pc is set up in is were we have our partys so tomorrow my pc gets collapsed and put away, There is an error log but a long one, im also using the blue again skin, so far ive been putting 8 songs on the juke and when they've finished ive been able to add more, (so far)
Dear God, Please bring back Bob Marley, In return you can have Justin Bieber. Amen

Barcrest

Quote from: GlennCarnell on September 05, 2012, 11:58:35 AM
Quote from: Barcrest on September 05, 2012, 11:36:30 AM

Its been happening for a while now barry but ive been putting it down to power management in bios or the touch panel kit going into sleep mode or even the fact  that my monitor isnt a proper touch screen so i havent really been that bothered but now i have a chance to sell a juke i need to get to the bottom of it, Im even considering downgrading to V6 or V7, today and maybe tomorow is my last chance to sort the problem cos the room my pc is set up in is were we have our partys so tomorrow my pc gets collapsed and put away, There is an error log but a long one, im also using the blue again skin, so far ive been putting 8 songs on the juke and when they've finished ive been able to add more, (so far)

Are you using the latest blue again skin? I have just uploaded the V8 version. I have also loaded up a new beta with some changes.

Jukebox Stats...

Norman Marshall

Major update  Barry, i am using the blue again that was posted a while ago, Ive unpluged the touch panels usb cable and left everything in jukebox mode for almost 2 hours without giving any commands, after that time i was able to select songs and play them without any hanging, i then left it for a further hour and i was still able to select and play songs, So, going back to my original diagnostics, Its me bloody god damn touch panel at fault and not E-Touch, there must be a way of making it stay awake, looks like googles gonna get some hammer tonight  Oh well, thanks for your help barry ;D ;D

Barcrest

Glad you at least figured it out.... It could be some conflict with the drivers, do you have the latest VB6 Service Pack installed?

Jukebox Stats...

Norman Marshall

Quote from: Barcrest on September 05, 2012, 04:09:39 PM
Glad you at least figured it out.... It could be some conflict with the drivers, do you have the latest VB6 Service Pack installed?

Whats VB6 service pack?

Barcrest

Quote from: GlennCarnell on September 05, 2012, 04:14:29 PM
Quote from: Barcrest on September 05, 2012, 04:09:39 PM

Whats VB6 service pack?

Try this..

http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=24417

Jukebox Stats...

Norman Marshall