Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

General Post (No Subject) Feedback Responses

Started by slsimon, April 22, 2010, 01:56:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slsimon

All,

Just as I thought I was finished with my music database collection and thought that I had it all figured out, I come across E-Touch.  What a great application in all honesty.  You can tell there has been a lot of work put forth in the thought and support of this application.  Congrats to everyone involved. 

So I have been putting a couple of hours daily into working with E-touch and trying to get all the ooohs and aaahhs together.  I have a couple minutes this morning to reflect on the whole process and am wowed by all the work involved with making the whole music experience what it should be.  A special thanks to Berry for the dedication and those skinners as well. 

Processes involved and nearly completed, plus yet to be completed.  I decided if I am going to migrate over to a new jukebox application, I am going all out. 

Steps:

1.  Place music in correct directory structure, (i.e. \\drive\artist\album\track-title)
2.  Perform conversion of file to supported structures, (i.e. mp3, wav, mpg, etc..)
3.  Run MP3Gain to normalize
4.  Run Tag&Rename to correctly label, obtain ID3 tags as well as album art
5.  Save album art in three file structure located in album directory, (folder.jpg, cover.jpg, album.jpg)
6.  Run Azerus to do a batch tag of lyrics, (very nice application)
7.  Download extra album artwork from www.freecovers.net, (i.e. front, back, cd, inside, inlay, etc.)
8.  Copy download artwork from action item 7 and place into appropriate data structures

E-Touch Steps:

1.  Build music database, (i.e. if all is well, no errors)
2.  Build video database, (i.e. if all is well, no errors), (I am currently working with Barry as time permits to attempt to perform conversion from TouchTrax non-mp3tagger to a format that E-Touch will support.
3.  Download appropriate Artist High Resolution from (www.htbackdrops.com and www.last.fm/music).  Be picky while pulling those from last.fm.  You can find good quality pictures to work with E-Touch there.  I don't think the DPI and resolution is as good as those from htbackdrops.com but they will be good enough to work with E-Touch.
4.  Download appropriate genre pictures from (www.flickr.com/groups/itunesgenres/pool/)
5.  Download Year album artwork from (www.freeboxjukebox.com/forum/index.php?topic=2158.0)
6.  Place action items 4, 5 and 6 into the artist, genre and year directories in the local E-Touch install directory.  That is if you built these databases.
7.  Find a high resolution image and name it default.jpg to be placed in the artist library folder, in return there will be an image for those artist images missing
8.  Online Radio database build with the above steps followed, (i.e. I believe the full version will need to be purchased for this option)

Wow, that is a lot of work.  There are hours and hours of labor involved with this process.  But for those whom are truely music lovers, it is definitely well worth the effort.  I have countless hours involved with all these processes and am estimating that I am only 50% completed with the whole process.  Being patient with the process will pay off in the long run. 

Everyone, please read and feel free to post any and all comments. 

PS:  Berry,

I am close to purchasing E-Touch and becoming a lifetime member.  I want to get the collaboration process close to being complete before I continue on with the radio library build as well as the video library build.  I will stay in touch with this. 

Thanks, Shane

Barcrest

I think i have a way of supporting those tags now, i will hopefully get you a version by the weekend.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...