Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Lifetime Member

Started by skyten, May 12, 2010, 03:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skyten

Hi Barry and everyone else, I'm just wondering if you become a lifetime supporter does that mean you get every version that comes out in the future, for example v6, v7 etc or is it only all the betas and versions say within version 5. I am also looking at zenpoint, anyone had any experience with it.

Keep up the great work!

Barcrest

You get access to all future versions, V6, V7 etc.. I just set the donation to be higher ($50).
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

fordman

Quote from: skyten on May 12, 2010, 03:08:29 PM
Hi Barry and everyone else, I'm just wondering if you become a lifetime supporter does that mean you get every version that comes out in the future, for example v6, v7 etc or is it only all the betas and versions say within version 5. I am also looking at zenpoint, anyone had any experience with it.

Keep up the great work!

skyten, Welcome to the E-Touch Community!

Barry answered your Lifteime Member question, I will tackle the Zenpoint part as Im not the E-Touch creator and wont seem so biased.

Zenpoint is good in 3 ways.

1) If you plan on having the box always connected to the Internet.
2) If you dont mind having only the skins they provide and always have their logo plastered on everthing page all the time.
3) Paying for a conglomorate to have to recover overhead for the software as opposed to a programmer that is doing this for himself, those that make a donation and those that love the idea of something that is not constantly branded over the entire program and on every screen.

E-touch is a user based Jukebox software, not really an "all around" media software. X-Lobby is almost the same as Zenpoint, but you cant do what you want with it, just what they allow you to do with it!

Fordman

skyten

Awesome, thanks for the info and quick replies  :beer

kizer

Keep in mind also that there are a lot of us that have gladly donated towards this project in the forum of a few bucks to keep Barcrest modivated/feed when times are tough, but as well some donate a lot of their time helping with skins, beta testing, request feature after feature, do tutorials, host file downloads, provide tech support and lots of back patting and congradulating when Barcrest delivers another polished release.

Everybody else hears now and then about a release, but sometimes there are releases that come out weekly to everyday for testing.

Think of it as a small donation to get into the mess of it all. ;)
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

fordman

Kizer,

You ever gonna change that song in your signature? You've been listening to Bob Marley and the Wailers for over a year now!  ;D

Fordman

Barcrest

Quote from: fordman on May 13, 2010, 05:35:55 PM
Kizer,

You ever gonna change that song in your signature? You've been listening to Bob Marley and the Wailers for over a year now!  ;D

Fordman

LOL I noticed that too, i'm used to seeing it now. You seem to have 3 on the go at once...
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

kizer

Yeah, my machine hasn't been connected via wire for a while. hahahaha
What can I say I like that song. ;)

Couldn't be any worse that waking up to Vinilla Ice "Ice, Ice Baby" when I was in the navy in the barracks. Every Evening my stereo would turn on and fire off that CD. Woke up to that song for nearly 6months. Now when I hear it I start to have Navy Flashbacks. haha
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)