Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Tutorial for Music Videos

Started by skyten, December 04, 2010, 12:47:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skyten

Hey there guys, I'm looking to put some music vids on my jukebox but I can't seem to do it. I have read all the posts I could find and it still won't work. The vids are set up as Music Videos/Artists/Matchbox Twenty/Matchbox Twenty - Unwell.mpg for example and have followed the guide on tagging the vids but it still don't work. It either comes up with no media found, or if it does come up that tracks are found, (running a trial on another pc) nothing appears in the video section.

Its frustrating the heck outta me  :tommy and any help into what i might be doing wrong would be appreciated!  :beer Thanks in advance

Barcrest

You have selected video in the config i assume? It's the top left drop down. You should have .tag files in there as well if you have tagged them with the non mp3 tagger. You could also check your search path in the config to make sure it has mpg included. Post up your search mask and i will check it for you.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

skyten

Hey there Barry, thanks for the quick reply. When I go into the config under videos, when I click on the video folder it only shows the mpg file, is it supposed to show the .tag as well? Also I'm not sure what you mean by the search mask. Thanks again!

I managed to get a video to work however the tag and mpg is located within my music folder and shows up in my music. I tried it in a separate video folder, the config said i found it and added it to the video database, but when i go into e-touch and I click on the video button, nothing shows up. Am I doing something wrong?

Also just another noobish question, what is the most easy and effective way to update the library? When I normally do it by clicking the update button, I end up with 2 of the same everything. I read somewhere about making a batch file (not sure what that is) or am I ticking the wrong boxes like should I tick clear next to genre etc?

Thanks Again!

Barcrest

Best way to update is to do a generate each time and use the modified folder date option for the date added.

If you only have 1 video that might be why it isn't showing up try adding a few other video albums and see if they show then. Does it show the 1 video in the config when you switch from audio to video?
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

skyten

Ok, I think I worked it out thanks again for the help!