Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

more buttons needed

Started by its-smee, May 18, 2009, 03:57:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

its-smee

I see the updates are coming thick and fast, so while you are in the mood  ;D whats the chances of giving extra buttons alongside music, kareoke, video.  I think splitting up a collection into more "catagories" may be an advantage. Hopefully its not too involved code wise and may be included at some future update.

eist1

Not sure what "categories" you are looking to add to the main album page, but there are already ways of getting to the Genre, Artist or Year from the Filter page and you can create playlists for multiple songs. These are the only way I know of categorizing the music. Also, I believe the aim is to get less buttons on the main page, as to not have the main screen look crowded. Awhile back Barry added the option for a pop up button menu which would resolve any button crowding issues someone may have.

Barcrest

I'm more with eist, I think it can look too crowded on the main page with too many buttons.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

its-smee

I was thinking of maybe three extra buttons along the bottom to even out and fill the space and the user could if he had the means put his own names to them . possibly different members of the family might want their own music. I have already re-allocated the "karaoke" one to another use and left the video one as video. It was just a thought, but depends how difficult it may be to achieve in practice.

fordman

I already manipulate the Video and Karaoke buttons to feature the music the wife likes. I just made the button under 'Music' as my button, 'Video' button to play all, and 'Karaoke' button to play here stuff. I also changed the button to reflect our names and 'Play All'.

To do this, you need to use the config4.exe.

I have one big master music folder, then separate my music into a separate folder within the master folder and her music into another folder within the master folder.

c:\Music
c:\Music\Mine
c:\Music\Hers

When I use the config4.exe under Audio, I just choose my folder. c:\Music\mine
Under Video, I choose the master folder. c:\Music
Under Karaoke, I choose her folder. c:\Music\Hers

This is to keep her from having to browse through my stuff before getting to hers and I dont have to look at her Elton John album covers! Also I have combined both to 'Show All'.
Also, you can set your 'Random Play' to one or the other without hearing what you dont want from the others list.

Everyone loves it!  :beer

Hope this helps,

Fordman

its-smee

I have already done that with the karaoke to select my "singles" collection, and the video left for music videos. I just thought it may be useful to have another one or two for greater segregation. I don't want the "old mans" classical mixed up with mine lol. From what I see on the screen there is space between karaoke and most played for another couple of buttons. Also the "most played" button doesn't do anything and the "top ten" button does that job anyway 

eist1

I think I understand now. Really all you have is each button pointing to a different music library. I think way back when I asked if Barry could do something like this so if I had my IPod connected and I alreday created the DB, I could just hook it back up, choose the IPod DB and all the album covers would be pulled from the IPod DB file. Maybe something similar to the Playlist screen could be used for multiple DB's. So when you opened the page it would look at all of the record files (record.rec, record2.rec, record3.rec) and show them in a list and when you chose the Music Library you wanted, and went back to the main album page only those albums from the db would be showing. That would also allow as many extra db's you wanted without adding extra buttons to the main Album Page. Although Barry may have to add the ability the name the record.rec file during the config process, then you could choose mine.rec, hers.rec, etc. and those would show up in the Database list. But the issue would be where to add this, to the Options screen, or to a current button, maybe do use the Most Played button or something that currently isn't used much. Sounds like it may be doable, but we'll have to see what Barry thinks, and I'm sure if you really needed/wanted this feature if you sent Barry a little $$$ for a few beers, he might be a little more motivated  :beer  And not sure how long this would add to boot time while it loads the DB's into memory.

its-smee

We have good value for money now, and barry does a good job on updates. No problem in buying him a few  :beer  now and again  ;D . (with or without the mods)