Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Runtime error 75?

Started by udjetzaqo, September 11, 2014, 04:49:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longhorn2833

Last weekend i updated my computer to windows 8, and also got me a touchscreen. all worked great. went to add some more music to jukebox just now and i keep getting "runtime error 75". can someone please tell me what this error message means. i have done a search on here for some info, but all i see is sign in with Admin. that is what i have done and i still get this message. thanks in advance

Barcrest

It's not sign in with admin, it is right click the exe and select properties then select the compatibility tab and set to run as admin. It should work for you then.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

longhorn2833

thanks for the info. did what you said and it worked. do i change it back after i get songs loaded?

Barcrest

Quote from: longhorn2833 on September 11, 2014, 06:09:14 PM
thanks for the info. did what you said and it worked. do i change it back after i get songs loaded?

All the E-touch exe's should be set up like that for correct operation.

Jukebox Stats...

longhorn2833

ok sounds good. none of mine were set up like that for some reason. it is kinda strange, when i set them up like that, my touchscreen seems like it take awhile to go to next screen when in jukebox. i can choose an artist and it is almost like it freezes up for 30 seconds to a minute. then it goes good til you make a selection of song. then it does the same thing again. whenever i take it out of the admin it works great. any ideas?

Barcrest

Quote from: longhorn2833 on September 12, 2014, 01:08:34 PM
ok sounds good. none of mine were set up like that for some reason. it is kinda strange, when i set them up like that, my touchscreen seems like it take awhile to go to next screen when in jukebox. i can choose an artist and it is almost like it freezes up for 30 seconds to a minute. then it goes good til you make a selection of song. then it does the same thing again. whenever i take it out of the admin it works great. any ideas?

Disable RSS Feeds, I assume that PC doesn't have an internet connection. When it's not admin that feature isn't working as are others probably which is why you need to run it as admin all the time.

Jukebox Stats...

longhorn2833

it does have internet on it. the previous one did not. i decided to take my less than older desktop and install windows 8 on it for the touchscreen capabilities. this one has faster processor, more memory and program just works better on it. i am only using it for the jukebox though. i will go in and disable the RSS feed. where would that be located? each time i put it in admin and i click on the program to run, it comes up with something on the screen asking do i want to run this in admin? kinda weird, that it would ask me that each time.

Barcrest

Quote from: longhorn2833 on September 12, 2014, 04:39:03 PM
it does have internet on it. the previous one did not. i decided to take my less than older desktop and install windows 8 on it for the touchscreen capabilities. this one has faster processor, more memory and program just works better on it. i am only using it for the jukebox though. i will go in and disable the RSS feed. where would that be located? each time i put it in admin and i click on the program to run, it comes up with something on the screen asking do i want to run this in admin? kinda weird, that it would ask me that each time.

That is UAC (User Access Control) you can turn that off it's part of windows. You need to turn that off if you want it to auto load the jukebox. Windows changed after XP which is what I originally coded for and it doesn't like you accessing files in the program folders group or making changes to files and creating folds etc. This was to help stop viruses you don't need to worry E-Touch isn't doing anything it shouldn't.

Jukebox Stats...