Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Using e-touch in win7

Started by _Tommie_, September 19, 2011, 03:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_Tommie_

This could be usefull for others; my expieriences:

As I use Windows 7 for my comercial jukebox, i needed a way to autostart everything.

The credit module needs to be started as admin in Windows 7. This poses a porblem, because you need to click yes after an uac prompt. I found a way to autostart without the prompt here:
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/11841-run-administrator.html

This works good, but the e-touch program wants to start the credit module also. Maybe this
is something you could do Barry, detect if credit modules isnt allready running, before starting it again?
the uac prompt times out so its not a very big problem.

Now I want to put up a large screen close to the juke, for playing videos. when no video is playing I created background images, windows 7 uses those, and since Windows 7 can make a slideshow this is great way to advertise when no video is playing. But when starting E-touch in full screen, part of the credit module shows up on my 2nd screen, but stupid, I did not found a way to hide that.. any ideas?
the full screen mode seems to mess up a bit the resolution settings on my 2nd screen to.

Greetz, Tommie

Barcrest

You need to move the credit module so it is behind e-touch. I guess i need to make it start up minimized or in the taskbar at some point in the future. The second screen will set to the same resolution as the main screen and that will be the resolution of the jukebox.

IMHO I would turn off UAC for a jukebox, you don't need it.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...