Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Gracenote music identification database

Started by ylwalker, July 12, 2014, 02:08:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ylwalker

Was wondering if there would be interest integrating the Gracenote music data with ETouch? I was impressed with Ford's use of this in their vehicle sound systems. Put a cd in, it rips, save, tags, and names album track artist etc. It even has an icon of the album cover. All done stand alone offline, while driving. I was very impressed with it. Checking Gracenote's website, they seem to support small developers.

Barcrest

I can take a look not sure if it will add value. I always try and steer clear of trying to be jack of all trades. Tag & rename is awesome tagging software so I didn't bother even going down that route. I will take a look though and see if it will offer something we can have that isn't bettered elsewhere. To be honest if someone developed a jukebox that I considered superior to e-touch that had more of everything and did it all better I would probably shut up shop. Seems like the jukebox market itself is changing and I do try to keep up with new additions but streaming services seem to be the future.

Imagine spotify with the interface of etouch,  that would be all you would want.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

ecbrad

Only if you had the bandwidth. I'll never use streaming services until I have unlimited downloads or near enough and a decent connection.

Brad

Barcrest

Quote from: ecbrad on July 21, 2014, 02:08:03 AM
Only if you had the bandwidth. I'll never use streaming services until I have unlimited downloads or near enough and a decent connection.

Brad

Most people do have unlimited bandwith now I would have thought.

Jukebox Stats...

ecbrad

Quote from: Barcrest on July 21, 2014, 09:35:52 AM

Brad

Definitely not in Australia =(

Barcrest

Quote from: ecbrad on July 21, 2014, 11:07:07 PM
Quote from: Barcrest on July 21, 2014, 09:35:52 AM

Brad

Definitely not in Australia =(

Oh :( Not good.

Jukebox Stats...