Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Latest version, can't use back button

Started by jacktucky, September 10, 2008, 03:13:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jacktucky

I click on a song, click play next, screen comes back to track listing, I can't press BACK.

*Edit* No buttons work. 

I have to Ctrl-Alt-Del.

I've seen this before but I've never been able to reproduce it until now.

Jack

eist1

Jack,

It sounds like you are using the new 4.14 skins on top of Freebox 4.13. You will need to completely delete/rename the Freebox V4 folder in your Program Files folder and re-install Freebox. I have installed 4.13 and the newest beta version and they are working fine. Try deleting/renaming Freebox V4 then reinstall and see if that resolves the issue. I'd imagine if it was an issue with everyone that has installed it, the forum would be pretty busy....

jacktucky

Yeah I know this place would be buzzing :tommy

I did delete everything and even reconfigured my settings.

I noticed that in config4 the run box says freebox v4/freebox.exe.  But my executable is freebox4.exe.  Maybe I'm installing an old version by mistake.

I rebuilt my database from scratch and just tried again.  Now it's locking up before I can press play next.

Something has got to be weird with my setup.  Freebox is using 85%+ of my CPU

Barcrest

What WMP version do you have installed? That might be to blame, you could try upgrading that and installing the latest K-Lite codec pack. Also see what VIS you have set in WMP and try changing it to a default one. It sounds like the issue is from WMP causing freebox to either hang or crash. This is also why the problem seem isolated to you... Not a great help i know but hopefully if you do what i said you will be working again.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

jacktucky

Again, my fault.....   :chad

It looks like it's working now.  I think eist1 is right.  I wasn't fully deleting the old installation.