Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Problems updating skins.

Started by Meph, July 05, 2011, 12:46:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meph

Today I was playing around with the skin tools and managed to make a mess of my skins.  I generally don't have enough sense when doing something like that to work from a copy ;)  Well anyways I ended up deleting all my skins and reloading everything fresh from the downloads since I had messed up the originals.  The problem i'm having now that updating my skin list seems to do nothing and its still displaying skins in my list that physically no longer exist.  Any ideas?

Barcrest

You running windows 7 by any chance?
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Meph

Barcrest

Quote from: Meph on July 05, 2011, 10:33:14 AM
Yes, Windows 7 64bit

It stores the freebox.ini in a different place and this might be why. I don't use windows 7 but there are posts on here about it.

Jukebox Stats...

Norman Marshall

http://www.freeboxjukebox.com/Forum/index.php?topic=2213.0

Above is a link to a skin tool tutorial which im thinking you havent read because the first thing barry says is make a copy of a skin folder and give it a differant name, this aviods mishaps like yours, good luck and using the skin tool does get easier the more you play with it.
Dear God, Please bring back Bob Marley, In return you can have Justin Bieber. Amen

Barcrest

The skintool.doc should be included with the release now IIRC.

Jukebox Stats...

Meph

Oh I read it and I read where Barry said to make a copy.  If 20+ years of coding didn't break me of the habit, Barry's post sure wasn't going to!  ;D

In theory I should have been able to just delete the files and replace the originals but that didn't work out.   The juke machine that this runs on is a Windows XP machine but my work machine where I edit all my music stuff and will work on the skins is my main Win7 machine.  I honestly could care less if I screw up the original skins in my work environment, I just want to know how to restore them if I need to.

E Touch seems to work funny in Windows 7.  For days I was able to generate and update databases just fine but starting yesterday I now have to run the config tool in XP compatibility otherwise I get errors.  The skin updating also worked until yesterday, maybe I will try running it in compatibility or administrator and see if that helps.  I can't begin to explain why things stopped working, nothing changed in my work environment.

Barcrest

The issues is with vista/win 7 where local files are no longer editted locally due to security changes. Nothing i did blame M$ for not trusting apps to change files in thier own folder.

Jukebox Stats...

Meph

Yeah I have been trying to work around the security issues, its really a pain.  I know where the blame lies.

_Tommie_

I expierienced the same security problems. Also when selecting songs nothing happened, until I ran everything with admin rights. Runs smoothly now.