News:

Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Skintool: how do I move buttons, or create new buttons on a certain screen?

Started by fat-johnny, November 01, 2010, 04:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fat-johnny

OK, I have no idea what the hell I am doing with the skin tool.

I am using the new widescreen 1600x900 skins.  These skins have the "popup" menu, which I am not really a fan of  I have never used it before.  I like to keep a limited number of buttons onscreen, usually  HISTORY, QUEUE, TOP 10, SEARCH,  and OPTIONS.  With the popup, some of these buttons are on the main page, and some are on the popup.  What I wanted to achieve was to put the buttons in order on the main page in the order that I wanted them, and then put the ones I don't use on the popup page (like GENRE< DECADES, etc..) and then just not use the popup page.

I cant seem to figure out how to move buttons from the popup to the main, or vice versa.  Or even if I could create a new button on the main page, but I cant figure that out either.

So, how do I either move buttons, or create new ones??  Can one of you skin gurus please enlighten me?
FJ

eist1

Johnny,

Here are the .ini files for the widescreen slider skin (just replace the menu.ini and menupopup.ini in the slider skin folder with these), I have enabled all of the buttons in teh Menu and Pop Up Menu, so you can just drag the button you don't want off teh screen or make them 1x1 pixel.

http://www.iamkizer.net/freeboxjukebox/files/skins/V4skins/Updated Skins/Slider ini's.rar

Barcrest

If you don't want to use the popup menu just turn off the pop up menu button in the options. Then with the updated menu.ini eist has made for you, you can position the menu buttons how you like them and move the others off screen like he suggested.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

fat-johnny

Thanks, those two .ini files worked well.  I was able to copy those to the skin directory, then go into the skin editor and move the buttons around like I wanted to.

A few questions though, more out of curiosity than necessity:
1) I went in and moved them around, but wanted to align them all so they were in a nice straight vertical line.  I saw some buttons in the skin tool that said something like "Align horizontally" and "align vertically", but I could not find a way to select all the buttons I wanted to use this functionality.  I tried shift+click and CTRL+click, but could not select multiple buttons to align them.  Am I missing something??

2) So that I took a look at that menu.ini file, and sand that the XY coordinates were in there, so I started messing around with them until I got them all aligned in a nice column.  The buttons are each spelled out in that menu.ini file, but they were out of the order I had them on screen, so I thought I would put them in the order I had them on screen (to make setting the XY values easier and make more sense to me).  When I rearranged the order of the buttons in the menu-ini file, the buttons on-screen got ALL jacked up.  Do they have to be seen in the menu.ini file in a certain order??

Thanks for the help.  I have learned just enough to be dangerous (to myself)!!!  <lol>
FJ

eist1

Johnny,

Actually to align them I usually just drag the skin screen to the side of my monitor and use the edge of the screen to align the edges of each button up to each other. So basically I just "eye" them up. As for the .ini file, the order they are listed in is not how they show up on the screen, I'd just leave them the way they are, but Barry would be able to answer that for you better. Glad the files worked.

Barcrest

They have to be in a set order in the menu.ini that is why they got messed up when you moved them around.

Jukebox Stats...

acejas

on the same topic, I want to know how to change the menu.ini and menupopup.ini so i can change the buttons ie, any chance of some kind of description of the numbers etc and how i can change from one to the other?
An example:

Menu Button Search
Search
60                  Button Height
90                  Button Width

Cheers

Barcrest

It is easier to use the skin tool or if you just wanted to change the image you can just replace the jpg and keep the name.

Jukebox Stats...

acejas

Im using the metal skin and i want to move the search button from the pop up to the main menu. I tried moving it to the main screen and can see it but nothing happens.

I did a search on this topic and I want to do the exact same thing as fat - johnny but with a different skin...or if someone can do the same thing for the ini files

cheers

ecbrad

Quote from: acejas on January 13, 2011, 11:58:21 AM
Im using the metal skin and i want to move the search button from the pop up to the main menu. I tried moving it to the main screen and can see it but nothing happens.

I did a search on this topic and I want to do the exact same thing as fat - johnny but with a different skin...or if someone can do the same thing for the ini files

cheers

Me too jas =(

Brad

Barcrest

The buttons on the popup menu are locked to that screen however there should be another button on the normal menu that you see on the screen. It depends on how the author hid that button, they may have dragged it off the side of the menu screen which is how i do it and then resized the menu down. In the skintool click on the back drop of the menu and then re-size it to a larger size and see if you can see the button. If so drag it where you want it and re-size the menu back.

Jukebox Stats...