Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Jingle Feature Not Working (Solved)

Started by Johnyfroes, November 24, 2021, 05:46:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnyfroes

Good day, I have been battling out for hours with this jingles thing, I placed 3 mp4 advertisement videos in the Adverts folder, then in attract mode I enabled it and I copy the Adverts address and paste it in jingles path all the way at the bottom, I check enable jingles, check use jingles with queue, I tried after song count after 1 song. It won't go to the next selection, I have to restart ET to get the next song playing. I tried video adverts in Random play, and this would crash ET, and would restart in loops. My question, does this work? If so how?

Barcrest

Can you play the adverts correctly in media player?
Try adding the adverts as an album, do they play from there? (Put a sub folder in your media with them in)
Are you using Crossfading?
Are you using a second screen?
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Johnyfroes

Good day Sir. I am using dual screen, the mp4 files play good outside ET, I did tag them and placed them in a folder, Jingles>Videos>Heineken.mp4. And it won't work. I got it working, by reading all posts in the forum that is related to Adverts, I read one from Coffee, where it pointed me in a general direction, where he was explaining to to you, I placed them with my video media's, and tag them as genre jingles, and I programed them using random play, and also in attract mode, and Coffee mentioned that the adverts path link wasn't good, so I used their link from their video folder where they are located in my media files. I got them running in ET V8.0?? But I got a problem with V8 the video screen won't go on to the extended screen, it's switching from mon 1 to 2,
Si I went ahead and did it with your latest release, and it will hang the system, and I can't do nothing else but, reinstall my windows OS, to get the ET to work again. I was lookin to download a V9 version, but the site tells me it's no longer available.

Johnyfroes

Your suggestion worked good in the V8 ET, but now that upgraded from the V8 to your latest V10 release, I'm back to where I started, freezes, becomes unresponsive. Doesn't work.

Barcrest

Quote from: Johnyfroes on November 26, 2021, 11:24:45 PM
Your suggestion worked good in the V8 ET, but now that upgraded from the V8 to your latest V10 release, I'm back to where I started, freezes, becomes unresponsive. Doesn't work.

Are you using the public release or the latest beta?
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Johnyfroes

Solved, on the latest release, I had to have it set to "No Crossfade On Jingles" for it to work.