Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

windows 10 issues

Started by sparkie15, December 30, 2015, 09:02:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparkie15

Im trying to install this on windows 10 as i have just upgraded. After installation this is the error on launch.
Component 'wmp.dll' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered:  a file is missing or invalid.  I received this message on an upgrade then a clean install of win 10. Ive read that there  is no longer a media player supplied with windows 10 and feel this could be the issue.   Anyone else had the problem and resolved it or am i going back to windows 7 as i now wish i hadnt upgraded.
Thanks Mark

Gaucho

WMP 12 should be included in windows 10 although Windows Media Centre isn't.

I believe others have Etouch running successfully on 10 so not sure what the issue is.

I have heard somewhere that some had an issue where WMP did not install with Win 10 but believe there maybe a separate download available out there.

It should install so maybe have a word with Microsoft support.

Mark Norville

You can run eTouch on Windows 10 but to be honest when I was a beta tester, I ended up needing and then wanting to revert back to Windows 7 and then leaving it as it is.

If you are only running the computer as a touch screen for a jukebox or basic tasks, then you do not really need windows 10 and it is best to avoid that operating system.

The reason why they want you to upgrade so much for is because of the store they want you to spend money, they want your credit card details and they want you to spend as much money with them as you possibly can on games, apps, and any other shit that they can charge you with.

Also factoring in that Windows 10 is supposed to be the POLICE,NSA.CSI when it comes to certain media and programs, if you do want to run something dodgy, then it shares with microgreed.

Windows 7 is now the new Windows XP and really this should be your final resting place.

To get around the dll files though, I would suggest googling the name of the file and you should be able to download from somewhere.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

sparkie15

Yeah i think ill go the windows 7 way.  It appears that when i installed it hasnt installed media player.  The app for some reason doesnt exist on my pc anywhere and this is the issue. Also it cannot be downloaded and installed seperately.  Reinstall windows 7 me thinks.
Thanks.

Mark Norville

If you download windows media player classic this should solve your problem or maybe

https://mpc-hc.org/downloads/
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

sparkie15

Yeah i tried that .  Finally went back to windows 7 and now having same issue as originally posted.  Installation says something went wrong reinstall the app . This happens after i put code in from barcrest.  I had this the first time round but it somehow worked finally.  I ran as administrator and installed to c: and still no joy .  Uninstalled the app and deleted folders and still no joy with clean install.
This is so frustrating.

Mark Norville

Are you formatting the hard drive or are you just rolling back, and updating the windows operating system? Personally I would do a format and then reinstall of the operating system, just so that you have a clean hard drive to work upon.

sparkie15

Yeah its a clean install.  Like the first time.  Only thing i did different this time is install v7 first to see what it looked like bout that wouldn't start to play any music nor did it ask for a code.  I uninstalled it and installed the latest v9 release  now every install it says something went wrong reinstall the app.

Risim

Ok guys my pc died and thinking on getting an tablet pc like the surface but it comes with win 10.  does etouch work or not on win 10.  does it store the files in registry in the same place as in win 7.  I gona have to drop a lot of bucks here and just want to make sure.

Barcrest

It should work on windows 10 without an issue however I suggest you try before shelling out too much money. Just upgrade a windows 7 machine for free and check everything works ok. Wouldn't it be cheaper for you to just replace your pc with another windows 7 machine or is this going to be your main machine?
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Mark Norville

I still would not have windows 10 as my operating system to be honest, you can change the settings on it though so that it does look more like windows 7 rather than 10 but that takes some messing around. Windows 10 is still not 100% together at the moment so you will have some ups and downs with it, until they sort out the issues.

I would never contemplate having a windows 10 machine and defiantly not a tablet as a main PC. I had a surface and an android tablet, I sold the surface as basically it is a pile of shit really. You can get better and cheaper ASUS with Windows 10 on and with a bigger screen than most of the surface tabs.

berrywell

I purchased an All In One Touch PC last November, this came with Windows 8.1 which I upgraded immediately to Windows 10 (so basically it wasn't a clean Win 10 install).

With this setup I managed to run E-Touch V9 fine, although I did have a couple of install errors to begin with, I can't remember what the error code was at the time but installing as an Administrator and in a non protected file (i.e. C:\) solved this. However, I did ensure I had installed the K-Lite Codec Pack first, with this setup I was able to run E-Touch for a almost 3 months.

The problems that I did have was with PC itself, the DVD & USB ports stopped working within 3 months use and so had to return it, so I'm currently back on Windows 7 using a mouse.

But overall, I had absolutely no problems running E-Touch V9 on Windows 10 albeit upgraded from windows 8.1, whether a clean Win 10 install would be any different, unfortunately I can't say.