Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

VBR

Started by krjamk, July 20, 2007, 04:27:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

krjamk

The program looks great. I downloaded the public release and was amazed with everything but one item. It does not read any of my tags on with VBR. I have several albums encoded this way. It finds the songs and plays them but doesnt register the song names or album names. If this was fixed It would be perfect. Let me know when/if this gets updated and I would be happy to donate to get the newer versions!!!!

eist1

Try using a program called VBRFIX just do a search for it in Google. I had an issue where my VBR files would not show the time correctly and this fixed all of my VBR files.

krjamk

I used VBR fix and this seemed to fix it somewhat. I now can see the album and most of the songs but there are still a few songs that do not show the song title when you open up the album in Freebox.

eist1

Yes unfortunately Freebox has some issues with VBR files. Barcrest is planning on eventually building Freebox into Windows Media Player, which should fix most of the engine issues. Glad it at least fixed some of the songs for you. The only way to get all of them working is to convert them to CBR.

Barcrest

Quote from: krjamk on July 24, 2007, 12:13:13 AM
I used VBR fix and this seemed to fix it somewhat. I now can see the album and most of the songs but there are still a few songs that do not show the song title when you open up the album in Freebox.

This will not be fixed by moving to windows media player. Only the issue of the songs that will not play, the tag reading is something different. Have you double checked you ID3V2 tags in something like tag and rename? I didn't realise the VBR files didn't show their tags.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

eist1

Barcrest,

Some VBR songs show up fine others don't. I used VBRFIX to get them working, but in my case the only thing that did not show up correctly in VBR file Tags was the time, it showed 0:00 for some VBR songs. Don't know why....

krjamk

Yes, I have checked the tags and they are all correct. Nothing that I can see wrong anyway. Its weird, I tried it with an album of 13 songs and it recognized all but about 3 of them and it was random songs within the album. I didnt notice if the times showed up but there was nothing for the song titles. Anyways, I read someone saying to use audio conversion wizard to convert the songs from vbr to cbr. I am going to try it and convert the same 13 song album tonight and and see if fixes the tag issue I had. I will let you know if it works.

krjamk

ok so i tried audio conversion wizard and I dont recommend it unless you want to retag everything and have half of your songs messed up. I found another program DBpoweramp music converter. this seemed to convert everything great. Everything seems to work now.

Barcrest

Cool, glad you got it all working.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

d78

Quote from: krjamk on August 11, 2007, 03:28:24 PM
ok so i tried audio conversion wizard and I dont recommend it unless you want to retag everything and have half of your songs messed up. I found another program DBpoweramp music converter. this seemed to convert everything great. Everything seems to work now.

Thanks for posting that. I've been trying to find a good batch converter for a long time now. Lots of them just turn the files into garbage. So far, this one seems to be doing everything I want correctly.