Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

How do you guys organize karaoke?

Started by juker, August 29, 2007, 03:47:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

juker

Ok, normal albums are easy, every album has an artist and a cd cover.  But karaoke, at least what I've found, comes in weird collections and mixes, and almost never has a cd cover. (at least online  ;) )  I'm trying to figure out an effective way to organize about 20gb worth of karaoke on freebox to make it easy to to navigate, but I'm stumped. 

Maybe I should put it all in 1 album and print out a list with track numbers, like at the bar.  Anyone else deal with this?

Barcrest

I seperate mine by the correct album.

sunfly 1 is in \karaoke\sunfly001\
sunfly 2 is in \karaoke\sunfly002\

And so on... You can get the covers of ebay auctions or karaoke re-sellers but i admit they are harder to find than normal. You could always just make your own covers and stick them in the folders.

If the karaoke you have is just a collection of random tracks you might want to group them into folders based on artist. Then just make up some covers yourself...

1 Big folder is a bad idea.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

juker

Yeah, that's the logical way I guess.  But how do users find songs?  Who knows what is on sunfly 316?  You almost have to search, or look through every album 1 by 1.

My problem is I have so many artists with one or two songs, I'm going to have to break them down into a ton of albums. And making all those covers does not sound like fun.    :P 

Barcrest

Yes you have to search the karaoke it's the only way, especially when you have over 5,000 albums of it. To be honest this what people do with the books in bars. They already know what they want to sing but they manually search the book. Just use freebox search and your good to go.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...