Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Batch Cover File Download App?

Started by chablis97, September 06, 2007, 01:46:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chablis97

I've just started to tidy up a huge MP3 library, unfortunately none of the albums currently have cover art in the album folders  :(

Does anyone know of any good applications to batch download album art jpg's to the album folders. The thought of downloading covers one at a time doesn't thrill me . . . .

kizer

I use one called album cover download or something like that.

Heres a link to it.
http://www.iamkizer.net/freeboxjukebox/files/albumart-1.6.0-setup.zip

Check the settings and "make sure you" disable adding art to mp3's.
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

naitab

Try "MP3Toys". This app can search the web and put one or more .jpg's or .gif's in you album folders. you can set options to search and to name the cover files the way you like. you also can delete the wrong ones by click the "X" under the album art view. it comes with 28 day try, and cost you $20 to buy.

d78

I use Media Monkey with two scripts (plugins). Batch Art Finder to find the art, and Album Art Tagger to extract the art to .jpg files (any name mask you want).

Lots more media monkey scripts on this page.

chablis97

Thanks guys, I now have 90% of the albums with album art!

NEXT QUESTION
Does anyone know of a way to scan all the Album folders and give me an exception list of directories showing the folders that do not have a *.jpg in it, eg . . IF DIR does not contain a jpg, feed DIR PATH to a list/text files, etc.

This will allow me to go to those folders to fix up manually.

Cheers

kizer

You do use the button that is "View the music collection sorted into albums", which is located right next to the "View image cover" button right?

At first I didn't use that button and when you do use it, it shows all albums sorted well by albums opposed by the artist. You can fly though covers fast.
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

chablis97

kizer,
What application are you referring to?

kizer