Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Limit of Database size

Started by mitze90, September 10, 2007, 03:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mitze90

Is there any kind of limit on the amount of mp3 files that work with Freebox? Mines sitting at 240gig (took yonks to move over my network to the juke PC) and i was wondering how Freebox will react to that.

kizer

I believe Barcrest is well "much larger" than that and he hasn't reported any issues as of yet.
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

mitze90

Thats good then, WinCab jukebox just went and sat in the corner crying when i tried to load it.

Freebox does seem to be the best of the jukebox programs available, got a few more programs to check out tho.

Barcrest

Yeah i have a 320gig of music and it works fine, in theory there is no limit to the size of the database however the large it is then the slower things like search will be. The speed is fine on my P700 with that collection so i can't see you having any problems.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

kizer

Im running it on a 1ghz with 512meg/ram with 80 or so gig and a search I'd guess is no longer than a few seconds if I use a common word "love" or something like that.
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

mitze90

Cool, id best get on an get album art sorted and check thru artist/album/title tags, sigh.