Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

new guy and first thoughts

Started by spudgunman, September 13, 2007, 08:02:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spudgunman

well i found this site while remembering that my future wife wanted me to put my collection on a jukebox for our wedding, my collection of music is over 300gb now and she wanted some cool jukebox thing for people to DJ the wedding for us (im a DJ) I have never cared to try out some of the more bloated and nasty looking softwares, after looking at the open source ones i stumbled on this. its not linux (dont want the wedding goers to hack my dj box, since most of them are also computer secuity people) however i wanted to give my first impressions.

while importing my music collection i got to M (1/3 of the way in) and i hit runtime error 62 'input past end of file'

so i tested out with just the letter A, I also noticed with the import tool that anythign with out a TAG gets no data at all, is there any way to use the file name as the tag? or is this a 100% manual process?

other then that looks good, if i could get some feedback on any fix or workaround, i would gladly look to pay for the new version 3.

is there only one developer on this? (are you open to having people help? i was good with VB back in the day and can help you with some GUI and general clean up of your helper apps)

fun to see that VB6 still churns out apps.

Barcrest

You only need to use the non-mp3 tagger for videos. For mp3 files you need them tagged with something like Tag & Rename.

If you are interested in helping out coding wise then the config needs work i am aware of this. Basically it generates a set of random access files. One is a complete list of your files with the tag information, this is use for searching. The other is just a list of folders and is used for the album browsing (The genre files are also a list of folders). If you want the string legnths posted up i can do that when i get home so you know the file structure... Would be interested to see what you can come up with.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

spudgunman

Barcrest

Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

spudgunman

ill shoot it again, sent to the hotmail you have on this board.