Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

protected mp3s/m4a

Started by ptpeter, October 10, 2007, 04:50:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ptpeter

New Here,

I plan on getting the 25 dollar version asap, but im in the process of getting all my stuff for my juke, so in the mean time im trying to figure out the free version. Is it possible to play protected m4as from Itunes? I noticed some of them will not play, they show up, but they wont play. Is there a way to take the protection off? Thanks,

jacktucky

You'd have to search around google to figure out how to do that.  I doubt Barry would like anyone posting tips on how to crack Itunes protection here.

I've heard it's possible.

If you didn't have alot of them, you could always burn them to CD and then rip them back in ;D

=J

ptpeter

thanks a ton,

I'll just burn them and then rip them. Thanks!

squirrellydw

It will play unprotected itunes songs but tnot the protected ones.  If you have a lot of music from the ITMS you can buy a program called noteburner, I bought it and it works great.  It is like burning a CD but its only a virtual CD drive.  So it does the same thing as burning the songs to a CD but doesn't waste the CDs and is much faster.
Graphic creator of the original BnB, BnR, BnO and BnG Skin
Coffee is the man now

jacktucky

Quote from: squirrellydw on October 10, 2007, 07:03:42 PM
If you have a lot of music from the ITMS you can buy a program called noteburner, I bought it and it works great.  It is like burning a CD but its only a virtual CD drive.  So it does the same thing as burning the songs to a CD but doesn't waste the CDs and is much faster.

Thats an excellent idea!

=J

squirrellydw

I did all mine at once, 400 some.  The only downside to this is it does not save the album name or album art.  I found another great program to get this info FIXTUNES, best tagging software I have used yet.  Now I just need to extract the album art from the tags and put them in the album folders and I think tag & rename can do this.  With these programs I will be able to have all my music in freebox, the best jukebox software ever.

Update...I didn't like tag & rename to extract the art, it seemed like I could only do one at a time.  I ended up using mediamonkey and the albumart tagger plugin, worked great.
Graphic creator of the original BnB, BnR, BnO and BnG Skin
Coffee is the man now