Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

MP4 Video

Started by kizer, June 15, 2009, 06:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kizer

I've not really played with videos because my Juke is a simple little 1ghz machine and I'm thinking of bring out a bigger machine I have that is in the 2ghz range.

Does video jukebox portion of the juke play mp4 files? I'm pretty sure it supports divx or is it all a codec thing and whatever media plays it plays?
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

fordman

Kizer,

E-Touch will play mp4's. E-Touch uses WMP 10 or 11 to function. You will need to download the K-Lite codecs to use the mp4's on WMP.

Download the Klite codecs here --> http://ftp.freenet.de/pub/filepilot/fpt/video/codecs/k-lite_codec_pack_full/klcodec490f.exe

The 1ghz will play the videos, you just need at least 512mb of RAM. With videos, RAM is your friend!

During your K-Lite installation, you will get this screen:

You will notice that the 'File Associations' will be defaulted to the 'Media Player Classic'. You need to change that to this:

Window Media Player should now be chosen.

Also during the installation, you will get something similar to this:

Just click yes, and your on your way to playing videos.

Youtube is a wealth of videos, use www.keepvid.com to download videos. After you enter the URL for the video, download the mp4 version. Better quality and sound.

Hope this helps,   :beer

Fordman

kizer

Hey thanks Fordman. You should change your nick or I should say your title to. Screen Shot Man. ;)

Yeah I have the latest installed, but honestly I just haven't tried it yet. As well I think I'm shy on the ram on that box. At least I think I am. Hmmmmmmmm, I might have to try that this weekend after all.
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)