Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Can't run Windows 7

Started by Thalfura, November 20, 2015, 06:02:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thalfura

Hey guys i have never had this problem before and hoping someone can help me.

I have downloaded 9018 and installed running as administrator. Installed to c:/Etouch Jukebox V9.   All seems to go fine.
Run the config for my music video's... All seems fine..

When i go to run the actual program i get nothing but a blue spinning circle. I have checked in Processes and it is showing 3-5 instances of Etouch9.exe
I have tried to close them but they won't close. Only a restart is getting rid of them. Then if i try to run it again i hit groundhog day...

Anyone got any ideas as to why this is happening..

System is:

AMD hex core
8GB ram
r7 260x video card
Onboard sound
way too many hard drives..

Cheers,

Andy

Mark Norville

Hi Andy,

If you delete the error log file from the etouch directory and load up etouch and it should produce a new error log file, copy and paste that so that Barry can have a look. I cannot help you too be honest as I haven't had this problem and no one else has reported a problem such as this.

All I can suggest is that you update any drivers that you have for graphics card, flash, etc etc. The worse case scenario would be to deinstall and then do a reinstall to see if that solves the problem.

I would also suggest maybe not loading as Admin as on my touch screen cabinet if I run as admin I cannot use the touch screen for some reason, yet when I run outside of admin then I can use touch screen with no problems.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Gaucho

In config have you got the start etouch when complete box ticked? If so it could be the wrong path as I think the default is set to C:\Program Files\E-Touch Jukebox 8\etouch8.exe

Barcrest

It could be the credit module trying to start up E-touch if you have enabled that, that will try and launch e-touch if it's not running. E-touch itself has code that shuts down if another instance of itself is running however so you certainly shouldn't be seeing multiple instances running. Have you set them all to run as admin via right click preferences > compatibility?
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...