Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Fan art suggestion

Started by mr_doles, January 27, 2010, 02:38:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr_doles

I have been reading in the skins section about the default.jpg for fan art and had a suggestion.  Could there be a way that fan art first looks for the artist_name.jpg then genre.jpg then default.jpg.  This will help with Various Artist albums like soundtracks vs heavy metal.  You could have a flaming guitar for the fan art for Rock and a movie ticket for soundtracks.  To make it more granular it could look for 1) Artist name 2) Album name 3) Genre 4) Default.

Barcrest

I do like this suggestion. I might add this to the next release or something along those lines including the ability to use the larger album cover if fanart isn't found.

There is already the ability to have backdrops faded back into the decades charts. These are based on that decade, I need to double check the filenames used there and maybe re-document those in the fanart tutoiral.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Cary_B

While were on suggestions, how about the ability to look for FanArt in the actuall artist folder.  That way, we could put the FanArt .jpg's into each individual Artist/Band folder, and forget out it.  Right now, every time I add a new album, I have to remember to check the FanArt folder to make sure I already have a .jpg there.  When I burn my CD's I always check for Album Covers, so checking for the FanArt image in the root Band folder would be easy.  It would also make it easier to keep track of which images you are missing.

Oh, and one more thing.  How about if we have more than one image, and could name them, say, Journey001.jpg / Journey002.jpg /Journey003.jpg etc.  Then the program could pick a random one each time so you would get different pictures each time you picked and album.  Just a thought.

Barcrest

Take it you knew about having back.jpg and on the track listing screen if you click the big cover it will show you the back cover.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Cary_B

Quote from: Barcrest on January 28, 2010, 09:35:06 AM
Take it you knew about having back.jpg and on the track listing screen if you click the big cover it will show you the back cover.

Yes, right now, I am putting a copy of any fan art images I like in the folders, and renaming them to back.  I don't have any of the back covers scanned in.  The only problem is it stretches the files I have pretty bad.  Still playing with this option.

dbeeks1

I second the 'random fanart' request or perhaps even cycling through images during the same song.  A slideshow if you have more than one image for an artist.
"Turn the jukebox up," he said dancing in irreverance, "Play C-3 let the song protest."