Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Dual monitor problem

Started by LLUncoolJ, June 22, 2012, 12:42:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LLUncoolJ

Hello, I'm brand new to E-Touch. I have an issue that first occurred on the demo and has carried over to the full version. First let me tell you, I am setting this up on 2 monitors I will not be using in the final cabinet.

I turned on the "Use 2nd Monitor" in the Appearence settings, and set the 2nd monitor ID to '2' (or 1 or 3), then click on Show Now Playing on 2nd monitor and clicked the 'All' button at the bottom. Then I do this, I get nothing on the second screen. If I change the monitor ID, a small window that looks partially like the now playing window pops up over the main window on the first monitor. I have messed with this for 3 days and had no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

ecbrad

From memory you need to specify that the 2nd monitor is either to the left or right, I can't remember which but it must be the correct one. You then need to restart your PC for it to work. Not sure why but it fixes this issue every time. So place it to the left, restart PC. If that works YAY!. If it doesn't place it to the right and restart PC.

Cheers,
Brad

LLUncoolJ

Is there a setting within E Touch  to specify left or right? Because I tried in the video card both ways. Same results...When I turn it on, after it loads I only get the main screen on the #1 monitor, nothing but desktop on #2. When I get into the settings and manually switch the second monitor ID, a small window pops up in the middle of the main window on #1. I can't move the small window, but if I click on the main window, it comes to the front and the smaller window is in back.

ecbrad

Sorry I should have emphasised that its a Windows Setting.

Cheers,
Brad

Barcrest

In the window settings make sure the second monitor (Non primary) is located to the left of the main monitor and the tops of the screens line up. Once you have done this in E-Touch change the second monitor number until you see it blank out that second screen. You will also want to make sure it's set to show all on that screen not just videos.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

LLUncoolJ

Well, I tried that and no sucess. Then, I went into my video card and switched the primary monitor to the other monitor and the results are better. The now playing window popped up on monitor #2 (formerly #1). I'm not sure it looks like it is supposed to look. I had to leave for work, but I copied the screen and I will attach it. On my way to work it occurred to me that maybe putting it in full screen will make a difference.

Incidentally, the Now playing window takes up about a third of the screen. When I change the 2nd monitor ID, all it did was slightly adjust the position of the window on the screen.

Norman Marshall

Yep, full screen mode will do the job
Dear God, Please bring back Bob Marley, In return you can have Justin Bieber. Amen

LLUncoolJ

No dice. I guess I made the mistake of shutting down the computer after being so close. I got home and turned it on...back to square one. Now playing window opening on monitor #1. So, I noticed in my video card settings that I had #2 as my primary. So I shut down and physically switched the monitor connectio to the card and fired it back up. Made sure that monitor #1 was actually #1 and the primary monitor and set #2 to the left with tops aligned. Opened ET and made sure everything was set as previously discussed. Incidentally, when I switched second monitor ID, it was again jumping around on #1's screen. Set it to '2', switched to full screen mode, and closed ET. Restarted ET, notice that the desktop one #2 shrunk, but nothing on desktop. #1 was in full screen. I'm attaching the screen shot. Suggestions are welcome. Thanks!

Barcrest

The main screen that shows etouch has to be the left screen, that should solve your issue.

Jukebox Stats...

LLUncoolJ

OK, I moved the main monitor to the left. The little visualization shows up on the edge of the second monitor but nothing else. When I exited ET, I noticed the now playing window was still open under the main window on monitor #1.

LLUncoolJ

OK, some progress. I am attaching my screen shots once again. I get this result by setting the second monitor ID to 3, then restarting windows. If I change that ID #, it goes back to the previous shot I posted. If I switch it back to 3, still messed up. I have to restart the machine to get it to work again. This can't be correct, can it?

Anyway, I may post a new topic on this one later, but is this what the second screen is supposed to look like? Seems awefully vanilla. I downloaded a bunch of fanart and installed it in the fanart folder. I'm not seeing any of that anywhere. The song facts were popping up as they should, but no fanart. Is there a trick to that? Does the picture have to be a certain size? Or am I still messed up, just not as bad? Any help would be appreciated.

gfly3

???
Quote from: LLUncoolJ link=topic=4174.msg30942 ???#msg30942 date=1340332600
Is there a setting within E Touch  to specify left or right? Because I tried in the video card both ways. Same results...When I turn it on, after it loads I only get the main screen on the #1 monitor, nothing but desktop on #2. When I get into the settings and manually switch the second monitor ID, a small window pops up in the middle of the main window on #1. I can't move the small window, but if I click on the main window, it comes to the front and the smaller window is in back.

I'm having similar problems ... Use 2nd monitor, show now playing and all selected in settings and getting nothing but the extended desktop on 2nd screen... Using V7.0.28..
Always do sober what you said youd do drunk , that will teach you to keep your mouth shut ......

Barcrest

Seems like it's not going full screen properly looking at that. You have it set to show the now playing info, it should show videos on that second screen at full screen as well. What resolution is that skin you are using? 800x600 or 1024x768? Does you monitor support that, i mean it should just checking really.

For the fan art check that you have the transparency set right and you have enabled it for the screens you want it on, try the transparency at 50% then lower it till it looks right.

Jukebox Stats...

LLUncoolJ

Yeah, I figured out the album art, and I really dig the looks of it. However, my next question was is there a way to increase the size of the now playing window in monitor #2. I am currently using the 800 x 600 for no particular reason other that I find it easier to use while configuring everything.

Is the now playing window (monitor #2) supposed to display the Next track like it does when you click it on the main monitor? If you'll notice, mine does not. If not, is that something that can be added with the skin tool? (I'm light years from learning to design a skin, but curious)

I don't have any videos at this time, so I can't tell you if that feature is working or not. Any possible solutions to the #2 Now Playing display would be welcome.

Barcrest

The coming up next is something the i will be adding to that screen... Try the 1024 skin and see if everything is full screen as it should be.

Jukebox Stats...