Main Menu

Looking at moving to etouch from uncleT's some assistance required please

Started by mxd, January 30, 2013, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mxd

Hi All,

My JukeBox

with the POS

turned into a POS, so I have updated to a 19" monitor, a touch screen overlay and PC.

The PC I have gone for win 7 ultimate 64 bit.

My set-up has been uncle T's, it's running on my portable jukebox and works for the way my albums etc.. are set up.

I put Uncle T's on the new PC last night and it works, with 1 exception. My set-up is a single screen, an e.g on my portable juke

My portable vid juke box

where I double tap the screen to swap between full screen vid and menu section, on win 7 the video freezes and then may stay on full screen or swap back to menu. This obviously is not suitable.

So I think it may be time to try another program.

My file structure is as follows (N.B uncle t's doesn't use tags it uses the directory structure)

my music\artist\album\song.mp3

This was all created with mp3tag, so the tags are "roughly" there, it may get a little confusing for my various artists.

For videos uncle t's can work with videos in the same album directory and play either the video or the mp3, configurable if both are there.

e.g.
my music\artist\album\song.avi

When you pick song, it will play the avi (if configured that way, or let you select which one to play)

I also have my videos in an album called video

e.g
my music\ACDC\video\song.avi

So now for my questions (I have been looking and tried last night)

I think all song needs to be tagged in a "certain" way to make it into the DB, do I need a tag for album artist not just artist ?

All my mp3's have tags, all have album, artist, title (as that's how the directory structure was made), some have album artist.
What I noticed last night was an album was placed under various artists, so I'm assuming all the artists where the same but maybe album artist wasn't (I will check tonight, only thought of that this morning)

Is it possible to set etouch to not look at tags and use file structure (I noticed there an option to use filename if no tags, but don't remember a ignore tags) ?

Do we need to create tags for the videos or can the option to use filename if no tags be used for video's ?

What appeared to happen is the generate audio DB (use filename if no tags) picked up my video's and placed them in an album that I could play them (but no video shown, only sound ?)

I assume I need to separate my videos from the mp3'

i.e I cant do the following

When you pick song, it will play the avi (if configured that way, or let you select which one to play)

Can etouch be setup for single screen (like the vid above ?)

I could not get the generate/update DB to work for my video's, I just wanted to do the same thing I did for Audio, i.e select e:\my music\, and say generate, this did not work.

I went to use non mp3 tag and was hoping I could just do a recursive search and it would generate them automagically using the syntax I provided, e.g start searching from e:\my music\, when avi (or any video is found), then use the following  e:\my music\,%artist%\%album%\%title%.

It appeared I had to do to each file independently to create them, is my assumption correct ?

If I create my own script to create the tags, does any tool allow the renaming/repositioning of the files.

(e.g)

my music\artist\album\song.avi.tag

then something reads all tags so I can then do this (press magic button)

my videos\artist\album\song.avi
my videos\artist\album\song.avi.tag

Thanks

Matt

Barcrest

Ok, i think the first issue you will have is that double tap for video. It's not limited to uncleT's it's anything using windows media player. If you play a video in E-Touch and go to the now playing screen you can click it for full screen. You will probably see the same behaviour.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

mxd

Quote from: Barcrest on January 31, 2013, 08:51:30 AM
Ok, i think the first issue you will have is that double tap for video. It's not limited to uncleT's it's anything using windows media player. If you play a video in E-Touch and go to the now playing screen you can click it for full screen. You will probably see the same behaviour.

so this is just a change in windows 7 ?

thanks

Barcrest

Quote from: mxd on January 31, 2013, 09:12:05 AM
Quote from: Barcrest on January 31, 2013, 08:51:30 AM

so this is just a change in windows 7 ?

thanks

Well it has been like that always on media player if you double click to make it full screen a single click will pause it.

This is why in e-touch i used 1 click to make it full screen and 1 click to shrink it back.

When you built the library in E-Touch and had the various artists album showing that will be because the artist tag isn't the same across the whole album. Most of the time this is caused by Artist Feat. I put the featuring artist part in the track title to prevent this issue.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...