Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

How to add mp3 folder to etouch?

Started by mikehende, September 09, 2014, 12:03:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikehende

Hey guys, I just purchased a system already with the etouch software and some music, I need to add my own mp3 collection to the hard drive but where can i find instructions on how to add an mp3 folder to etouch please?

Barcrest

Quote from: mikehende on September 09, 2014, 12:03:22 AM
Hey guys, I just purchased a system already with the etouch software and some music, I need to add my own mp3 collection to the hard drive but where can i find instructions on how to add an mp3 folder to etouch please?

Just to let you know that version of E-Touch will not be a legitimate install, even more so if you brought it off E-Bay. There a couple of people making some money off my back on there with E-Touch related auctions, I suggest you speak to the person who you purchased the system off.

Alternatively if you search the forum you will probably find what you are looking for.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

mikehende

Oh sorry but that's not an issue for me as I can simply pay for the license and continue to use the existing software? If so, please send me a direct link to where to pay for it, software developers need to be compensated for their work.

mikehende

It's ok, I found the payment link, I will have my wife make payment with her Paypal account as soon as she can get the chance, meantime, I looked at some the stickies on this forum but not seeing the basic setup on how to add mp3 folders to the software and link the cover art to them?

Barcrest

Ok there are a few things you will need to do.

Is the new music on the external drive organised to each album is in it's own folder? You need to do this as you will then need to place an image in that folder for the cover art. Preferably 2 images, 1 at 400x400 and a smaller one at 200x200. I call them cover.jpg and coversmall.jpg you might want to call them something else but make sure the larger one is the same name for each album and likewise with the smaller one. If it is already using this for the images with the music you have got you will see those filenames in the E-touch options if you want to duplicate the filenames used by whoever you brought the jukebox off.

You then need to decide if the new drive you are adding is going to be connected all the time, if not you will need to move the music to a drive in the jukebox probably integrating it with what is there. Otherwise if it is you can create a dummy folder in the existing music folder (I don't know the file structure they have used) that points to your other drive. This fools windows into thinking your music is in the same location as the other music. Someone wrote up a guide how to do this on here.

Do you have access to the desktop on that box? If it boots straight into E-Touch then go into the options and set it to exit to windows and power down.

Now you have access to the windows you should have access to the config app which will let you build new DB's. You need to use the advanced mode really and then point it to your music folder (Top level so it can parse down) and use the generate button. Personally I would back up your E-Touch folder so if it messes up you can just copy all the files back and have it working as when your purchased it.

Out of interest what version is on that box?

Jukebox Stats...

mikehende

Thanks, whenever I get a much bigger internal HDD I will refer back to your post, right now I will use the external HDD which came with the unit. I haven't hooked this unit up to main rig yet to try it out, can only do so on this coming Saturday, meantime I have a few questions please?

1] The unit shows in the System info as VIA Technologies Inc, Model CLE266-8235, XP, 54GB HDD and 1GB Ram but does not show the processor speed anywhere?

2] E-Touch V5 good enough for me or is there a better or more updated version I should upgrade to?

3] Why the need for 2 different sized cover art images?

4] Since mp3's have different volume levels, how would you make the system play every song at the same volume?

Barcrest

Quote from: mikehende on September 09, 2014, 10:32:23 PM
2] E-Touch V5 good enough for me or is there a better or more updated version I should upgrade to?

Current Full Version is V8

Quote from: mikehende on September 09, 2014, 10:32:23 PM
3] Why the need for 2 different sized cover art images?

Smaller ones are used when paging the albums, it makes it quicker.

Jukebox Stats...

Gaucho

In addition to Barry's reply:

4) Google MP3Gain to apply the same gain to all your music, takes a while initially if you have a large collection but after that you only need run it as and when you add new albums. Etouch does use WMP to play the music and there is an option to equalize the level in there but it is not very reliable and needs to keep updating it's libraries.

3) In addition to Barry's comment, if you have access to the config.exe, you only need one 400x400 image (if it is named correctly) and config will create the smaller one for you.

mikehende

Thanks for the info guys. I was trying to figure out why the need to create 2 separate images instead of just one. Regarding the volume issue, I have been using a Radio automated music software which has a built in compressor/limiter so I never have to adjust any volume or tonal controls, because I use a large high powered rig this is why the volume issue will be key for me so one way to find out. I have always used mp3 gain to normalize volumes first before importing the mp3's into my music software so I will do the same for Etouch [thanks], the equalization will be another issue, I'll run it first this coming Saturday to see what issues I may have if any and will report back here.

Later today I will add my first folder of music with a 400x400 covert art image in it to my HDD, can I get a link to instructions on how to incorporate the new folder into etouch? Also my wife is asking "what libraries can be imported into etouch as most of my music is in Amazon, Pandora, etc."?

Barcrest

Quote from: mikehende on September 10, 2014, 11:05:38 AM
Later today I will add my first folder of music with a 400x400 covert art image in it to my HDD, can I get a link to instructions on how to incorporate the new folder into etouch? Also my wife is asking "what libraries can be imported into etouch as most of my music is in Amazon, Pandora, etc."?

If it can be played in WMP then E-touch will handle it, any streaming services you are out of luck as I have yet to find one that will allow a 3rd party front end. Sites where you have just downloaded the mp3's like Amazon will not be an issue however things like spotify will not work.

Jukebox Stats...

mikehende

Ok, I didn't expect anything for add playlists from external sources, I will simply advise her to download all of her music then convert to mp3.

Any link to instructions on how to incorporate a new folder of music into etouch?

mikehende

My wife just purchased the v8 [last name "Henderson"]. I had added a new mp3 album to the guy's existing music folders and had "updated" the config 4 software but etouch does not show that album so I am missing something, what I will be needing is instructions on how to setup my collection of mp3's from scratch, do you have instructions anywhere for this or would I need to ask question by question on this forum please? I tried searching this forum for those specific instructions but not seeing any?

Barcrest

Quote from: mikehende on September 13, 2014, 12:41:35 PM
My wife just purchased the v8 [last name "Henderson"]. I had added a new mp3 album to the guy's existing music folders and had "updated" the config 4 software but etouch does not show that album so I am missing something, what I will be needing is instructions on how to setup my collection of mp3's from scratch, do you have instructions anywhere for this or would I need to ask question by question on this forum please? I tried searching this forum for those specific instructions but not seeing any?

Payment received, thanks.

Always use the generate button and not the update, update was intended to be quicker but i managed to optimize the generate button so use that.

All your music needs to be under 1 folder so e.g.

E:\Music\album1\track01.mp3
E:\Music\album2\track01.mp3
E:\Music\album3\track01.mp3

Then you generate the library at E:\Music

That will pick everything up for you. If you want music on a different location you need to create a folder under E:\Music and then join that to the other location so windows sees it as being under E:\Music. There was an older guide to this but basically what i have outlined should be all you need. I'll see if i can find fordmans guide to getting up and running.

If you have Tag issues I recommend Tag& Rename, you can get a 30 day trial which should be long enough to get your initial music all tagged up and working well.

Jukebox Stats...