Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

search for videos AND music?

Started by mfacer, June 12, 2008, 10:09:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mfacer

Is it possible to have one search for ALL media??
I think it'd be neat to have a generic search (maybe an option in config) to search for everything. When the search results come back, they would have icons maybe next to each item... eg

[music]    Eminem - Lose YOurself
[music]    Eminem - Cleaning out my closet
[video]    Eminem - Superman

etc, etc...

I am just thinking I want people to search for an artist and it return all the stuff they've done (music and videos)..... just think it'd be neat and save me merging the videos in with MP3s!!

maybe it's possible already and I've not noticed??

Barcrest

It's not possible right now. It could be added but it's a bigger job then you would think. I might add it to a future version but it's not going to be in the next release.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

kizer

I think it would be a nice feature, but honestly if it at all slows things down I wouldn't be for it.
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

mfacer

I guess if it was an option in config somewhere it wouldn't make a difference to the performance? I just love the idea of people searching and seeing music mixed in with videos... just my personal opinion tho!!

kizer

It keeps the software growing too. Keep up the ideas. Maybe have a check box in the search that says search all types? Or something of the sort if its possible.
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

eist1

Actually on the Search Choice screen you could have Music, Video, Karaoke and All (or something like that)

andowhy

Ive been thinking of requesting the same thing for a while, would be great to have it in a future release somewhere down teh track.

Barcrest

Ok, the masses have spoken... I will see if i can figure the best way of implimenting this.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...